Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Bombbeats4000 Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:37 pm
I have the Studio Black and it never worked on my Macbook Air M1.
But the release note said it did with MPC 2.11.5, i installed it and the MPC Studio works FINE on my Macbook Air M1 ...
This was like 2 months ago.
I currently have MacOs Ventura and i will check to see that aswell.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:17 pm
Bombbeats4000 wrote:I have the Studio Black and it never worked on my Macbook Air M1.
But the release note said it did with MPC 2.11.5, i installed it and the MPC Studio works FINE on my Macbook Air M1 ...
This was like 2 months ago.
I currently have MacOs Ventura and i will check to see that aswell.

It was a typo, we think they meant MPC Studio Mk 2. The original studio black and studio silver do not work with Apple Silicon. And as they are discontinued, they are unlikely to ever get updated.
By Bombbeats4000 Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:56 am
As i was saying. I am using the BLACK fine on my M2 MacBook.
The compatibility chart from Akai also mentions this.
It first didn't and I checked and it didn't work but after releasing the updated software it Did work.
By Bombbeats4000 Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:29 pm
Checked it out on Ventura 13.1 Macbook air M1 (8B/512GB) using MPC software 2.11.6 And YES it works fine !!
I have no idea on what you guys are doing wrong but it worked for me months ago and it works still.

Do NOT know wether it would work on the Mpc REN also. That's something i would have to check
By Bombbeats4000 Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:39 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:The original studio black and studio silver do not work with Apple Silicon. And as they are discontinued, they are unlikely to ever get updated.

It DOES work ... It works fine here on MBA M1 with Ventura 13.1 and MPC 2.11.6

Edit: works fine aswell on the latest MPC software 2.11.7
By mishra747 Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:28 am
Bombbeats4000 wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:The original studio black and studio silver do not work with Apple Silicon. And as they are discontinued, they are unlikely to ever get updated.

It DOES work ... It works fine here on MBA M1 with Ventura 13.1 and MPC 2.11.6

Edit: works fine aswell on the latest MPC software 2.11.7

do you know if the silver studio work on mac M1 ?
By fmnoise Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:59 pm
I'm thinking to buy MPC Studio Black Mk1, currently running Catalina with intel, but thinking to upgrade to Big Sur. M1 is not in agenda yet, wanna wait for year or 2 before switching to that :popcorn:
Therefore few questions:
- Can anybody confirm if Catalina/BigSur on Intel Mac is supported?
- If it's not fully supported, can I use it at least as just a midi controller for Ableton Live?
- If I use it as midi controller, is it possible to configure which notes/cc are sent from pads and knobs on the unit itself without additional software (like it could be done on MPD contollers)?
By napeterson Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:17 pm
WORKS!!! Studio Black on M1 Mac Mini, Ventura 13.0.1 - MPC Studio 2.12.0

I just bought a Studio Black off Mercari. Since Akai said it was compatible, I assumed it would be easy.
After lots of swearing and searching, I found this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/mpcusers/comme ... d_to_work/

The drivers in the 2.12 software do not work, but if you download the 2.11.6 installer and just use the driver for the Studio Black, it works like a charm. I am happy!
By kaydigi Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:47 am
Just in case someone needs a TLDR for silicon

Does not work on Apple Silicon
MPC Studio MK1 Silver
MPC REN

Works on Apple Silicon ( for the ones I have)
MPC Studio MK2 Black (2016] (Had to install drivers Rosetta to get it to work)
MPC Studio new version (2021)
Mpc Live MK1
MPC Live II MK1
MPC 1 MK1

Tested on M1, M1 Pro and M2 Pro

MPC Touch Display Link driver loop can go to hell , I refuse to test it again