Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By chungkinge Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:05 am
I had an old silver mpc studio
As I upgraded to a new m1 macbook, it was no longer supported.
I read Akai mpc2.10 release notes
It says mpc studio black big sur and m1 supported.
So I bought mpc studio black.
But mpc studio black does not work on m1 macbook
When I contacted Akai, there was no response.
I tested it on MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and iMac.
anybody mpc studio black running on m1 Mac?
https://ibb.co/DKgPkC8
https://ibb.co/DKgPkC8
Last edited by chungkinge on Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:40 am
According to various reports here on the forums, the MPC Studio Black is NOT actually supported on M1 macs, no one has confirmed it working, I have no idea why it's listed on those release notes, perhaps listed in error, or maybe the driver just not tested properly.

Personally I would not choose to buy any discontinued MPC, especially a 'controller' like the Studio or the Ren which rely entirely on Akai continuing to produce updated drivers - without the driver they are paperweights. Better to look at a current supported model like the MPC One, which will also run 'standalone'.
By kaydigi Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:32 pm
mishra747 wrote:could you check with the last update released for the mpc studio? they say that the mpc studio black work on M1 mac under rosetta...

I'm about to test now myself on my M1 Mac Book Pro

Edit

Just tested it and it still doesn't work on the M1. Tested it on a intel Mac Book Air and Intel iMac both running Big Sur and they ran it flawlessly.
By mishra747 Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:47 am
That s a pity, I m sure that it would be a quick development to make the ren and studio compatible with m1.
As for now there is no equivalent of the ren in the current mpc line up, i don t need a standalone mpc, just a controller that has the same layout as a full featured mpc so the ren is perfect for me…
By kaydigi Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:25 pm
mishra747 wrote:That s a pity, I m sure that it would be a quick development to make the ren and studio compatible with m1.
As for now there is no equivalent of the ren in the current mpc line up, i don t need a standalone mpc, just a controller that has the same layout as a full featured mpc so the ren is perfect for me…

There definitely should have been a controller stripped down version of the MPC X.

When the next version of the Mac Mini M1 or M1X comes out I will have to retire my Renaissance.

Software wise I haven’t had any issues with my daw setups on the M1.
By SakisX Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:32 pm
Maybe Akai had the name wrong in the changelog and meant the new Mpc Studio MK2 instead black, for M1
(the fact that the new Studio has the same name as the original Studio (silver) , remains mystery)
By kaydigi Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:54 pm
SakisX wrote:Maybe Akai had the name wrong in the changelog and meant the new Mpc Studio MK2 instead black, for M1
(the fact that the new Studio has the same name as the original Studio (silver) , remains mystery)

I now believe this as fact. The only thing that would make me doubt it is that the driver doesn't throw an install error/warning like it does for the Ren/ Silver Studio.

The original studios designs are nice , they could have put a tilt screen on it and sold it again.....
By acura Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:15 pm
mishra747 wrote:That s a pity, I m sure that it would be a quick development to make the ren and studio compatible with m1.

It's exactly the same with me... The Ren is just the perfect MPC for me. I would have loved to replace my 2013 MacBook Pro (it's becoming too slow for mixing...) with the upcoming M1X, but probably now I will stick with it 2 or 3 more years and hope for a next MPC that fits my needs... :? :(
By J.D. Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:25 pm
Yeah, it is sad…
I love my Ren. I‘ll keep using it with an old MacBook from 2009, just for MPC use. Maybe I will upgrade that one day to a cheap Windows Mini-PC.
I probably will buy a newer MPc one day, but for now I‘m set.
By Bombbeats4000 Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:39 am
It's very weird they would not consider doing it as it does NOT involve that much really.
it's just an Usb controller, that's all.
The weird thing is that the older Silver version IS supported while the more recent Black version isn't.
It's truely a shame !
By Bombbeats4000 Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:56 pm
Tried it today with the latest updates (been a while for me) and still NOT working !!

Really really weird that Akai doesn't have the decency to update their drivers .... It's not like they have to completely remake the MPC Software.

P.s. Working fine on my Mac mini running Catalina but still not on my MBA M1.

Akai, get your shit together !!! This is 2022 dammit :!: