Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By mr_debauch Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:16 pm
yeah, i mean the new maschine micro has no screen and it doesn't seem to be an issue what so ever. makes sense for akai to throw a new one out.... i think the previous studio controllers sold pretty well.
By SakisX Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:31 pm
I guess the price would be about the same with Mikro MK3
Don't know about the lack of the screen , on Ren it's very useful (guess on the old Studio&Black)
By SakisX Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:45 pm
mr_debauch wrote:yeah, i mean the new maschine micro has no screen and it doesn't seem to be an issue what so ever. makes sense for akai to throw a new one out.... i think the previous studio controllers sold pretty well.

I have the mikro mk3 , and the screen is meaningless (obviously for the size)
The pads on the mikro mk3 are top quality ,better than One ,even Ren (for my taste) ,but I really didn't like the software at all. Hopefully the pads on the new MPC Studio will be better
But I see no qlinks , only one big touchstrip
By SakisX Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:10 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Touchstrip to replace Q-links, I wonder if it will be used for any new types of control methods, such as pitch bend or mod wheel?

I bet it will
Also it seems perfect for macro tweaking (when macros land on MPC from Force)
By Dtray187 Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:37 pm
I’m just concerned that the touch strip won’t be responsive enough to do quick changes to rolling hi hats.
Plus it only goes up to 32t in time divisions, we need 64ths sometimes.

Weird decision
By SakisX Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRmKuRXT5o0&list=PLyawkFIWnO1PkLpXAN1cciuvoXbrt7M9U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hklgfnxfs1E&list=PLyawkFIWnO1O6ipwAPUWnZgA5wxp2g0fL

300€ (in Europe) ,midi IO ,no audio , no CV , I bet the price will go down as it did with Studio Black .

https://www.akaipro.com/mpcstudio
No driver is ready for downloading , so hopefully the screen communicates via sysex midi and no special driver will be needed (avoiding OS compatibility issues)
Unless the MPC Software will be updated providing special driver
By MPC-Tutor Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:49 pm
Yeah, just ordered one, seems decent enough for chucking in my backpack, intrigued to see how the touch strips change the workflow. Always wanted touchstrips and pitch bend/mod wheel control built in, although not at the expense of Qlinks, but looking forward to trying it out.

So, is it MPC Studio 2 or just MPC Studio? Would be nice for them to differentiate from the older models by using a different name.
By kaydigi Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:03 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yeah, just ordered one, seems decent enough for chucking in my backpack, intrigued to see how the touch strips change the workflow. Always wanted touchstrips and pitch bend/mod wheel control built in, although not at the expense of Qlinks, but looking forward to trying it out.

So, is it MPC Studio 2 or just MPC Studio? Would be nice for them to differentiate from the older models by using a different name.

I like the second touch strip video,

By ace_of_dub Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:32 am
They certainly need to fix MPC Software. Right now frankly, it just doesnt compete with Maschine when it comes to sequencing and the arranger. If they are going to keep selling MPC controllers AKAI needs to make a serious effort to streamline the workflow.
By SakisX Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:50 am
ace_of_dub wrote:They certainly need to fix MPC Software. Right now frankly, it just doesnt compete with Maschine when it comes to sequencing and the arranger. If they are going to keep selling MPC controllers AKAI needs to make a serious effort to streamline the workflow.

Akai doesn't need to do anything , the user has to change DAW if he doesn't like the workflow :smoker: