Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By apricotandpearjam Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:51 am
Hi all.
Is there any way of turning the new MPC studio into a controller for logic and Ableton.
All I really need is the 128 pads via the 8 banks and the ability to turn on/off full level velocity.
I just wanted to see if this was possible before I got one.
Cheers!
By MPC-Tutor Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:18 pm
When plugged into your computer (and no MPC Software), the unit appears dead and all the buttons just output random midi notes, they no longer function for their intended purpose so you cannot change pad banks, leaving the pads stuck on the default 16 midi notes.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot about MIDI mode, so yes can map stuff within the MPC Software to control other apps etc.
By ace_of_dub Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:56 am
Basically that stuff isn't a MPD. So people who think they can buy it and use it with another DAW like a MPD are wrong. This is really like the MPC Studio MKI without the screen and the Q-links and its MIDI not really useful outside MPC Software, especially since it is impossible to switch pad banks, so you are basically stuck with 16 pads... which makes it in my opinion not a really good device for the price.