Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By cazio Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:52 pm
cant believe this - im a studio user, just recently swapped to an used studio black.
That one included free upg to 2.x, which i thought was cool... Until i got it.
It seems they dropped the support for this at some point. Pad lights get stuck etc.
Its understandable of course in a sense, its discontinued.
Im fine with 1.9.6 and all, i use mine only as drum machine.
Well worst thing is my projects are now bricked, since some of them have been opened on newer version.
Tried to look around the web for latest supported version of 2.x, well AKAI seems to hide legacy software quite efficiently. ยจ
If some studio user has an older stable version, for windows, saved anywhere i'd really appreciate.
Its getting mental out here. New studio is a joke..
I just want to have the mpc plugin in daw and operate it on the hardware.
Hoping the support would return to my ticket.
Sold mpc live mk1 too because operating a studio is easier..
Sheesh- hope you all having better time :Sigh: :lol:
By cazio Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:09 pm
Hi, thanks for quick reply.
Windows version 21H1, and MPC 2.10.1.85, still got track mute, keygroup pad lights latching.
Do you think it would be windows os related?
By bilposey Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:00 am
just re install software should do the fix
By cazio Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:12 am
Hi, thanks for the reply.
I've done uninstalls, reinstalls, registry cleans, tried to install old studio driver alongside black one.
track mute and keygroup pad lights latches. At point there was more than usual screen glitches.
Tough luck with this one.
By bilposey Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:57 am
make sur when install reset computer
after every install should fix
By natbuk Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:53 pm
some recent windows 10 update broke the driver from my MPC black such that panel wouldn't boot/connect at all. Just installing more widows updates, but will probably have to downgrade.
Pretty poor support from Akai on their drivers.
Can just about get it to work on macos catalina.
By natbuk Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:17 pm
Actually, windows 10 is working for studio blakc (mk 1) - I just had to re-install the driver for the studio black manually - now it's workin in windows 10 19045.2486 (22H2), so pretty much all updates installed as of Jan 2023
By Bombbeats4000 Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:14 pm
For the record, Studio Black, Also works on MAC with Apple Silicon M1 on contrary to what everybody says here based on old info.

Running it fine on Macbook Air M1with Macos Ventura 13.1 and MPC software 2.11.6.
Ran it on 2.11.7 just minutes ago and it also work fine.