Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By SuoniO Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:09 pm
Hi!

Some time ago I became the owner of a MacBook and wanted to install MPC Software 2.10 on it for my MPC Studio.
I installed it, I added a driver to it because you have to. I activated the license in iLOK, connected the equipment according to the instructions and the stairs began. Because the program turns on, works and so on, but as if it does not detect the controller. In the sense, the screen lights up, but shows only the word AKAI and nothing else.

Do you know what and where you need to turn on in the settings, maybe, or something to make it work?
By MPC-Tutor Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:55 am
People are reporting that the original (blue screen) MPC Studio is not supported on Big Sur, or it could potentially be an M1 issue. Akai claim that the silver studio is working in Big Sur

https://inmusicbrands.force.com/akaipro ... r-Akai-Pro

But no mention of M1 support. And in the recent release notes for 2.10, the MPC Studio Black was listed as working in M1.

https://www.akaipro.com/amfile/file/dow ... roduct/10/

So potentially a silver MPC Studio is not supported in an M1. Do you have an M1? Is it a silver or black studio? This is why it's important to give as much detail as possible in your posts.

It wont hurt to uninstall the driver completely (uninstaller found in Library > Application Support > Akai > MPC), reboot and reinstall the driver, try a different USB cable etc.
By SuoniO Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:20 am
You're right.
I didn't tell all the information.

I have a MacBook with M1 and a silver MPC Studio.

I will try to uninstall everything and reinstall all the software with the driver.

I will let you know if it works

EDIT:
I reinstalled my software, driver and it still doesn't work.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:44 am
Based on what Akai have published, the silver studio just isn't supported on M1 macs. Big sur apparently yes (cannot confirm this personally as I haven't updated to Sur yet). It's just the black studio that should work on M1, but there's a few posts here on the forum that dispute that as well. Looking at the drivers in the installer, the MPC Studio Black driver is from May 2020, so perhaps they've packaged the wrong driver, or maybe there's something in the MPC Software itself that now handles the existing driver correctly.
By SakisX Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:15 am
Obviously Akai mistakenly mention Black Studio on 2.10 info , pretty sure they mean the new Studio
Btw users report that Ren doesn't work on Big Sur (and the audio interface doesn't work since older OSX versions)
By kaydigi Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:25 pm
SakisX wrote:Obviously Akai mistakenly mention Black Studio on 2.10 info , pretty sure they mean the new Studio
Btw users report that Ren doesn't work on Big Sur (and the audio interface doesn't work since older OSX versions)

The Ren works on Big Sur (intel macs). Minus the interface.

I do think the Black Studio in the notes was them mistakenly the new Studio Black early.
By natbuk Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:59 pm
To get black studio working in catalina, I had to disable system integerty check to install the driver.
By Uncle Max Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:40 pm
Anybody know if the MPC Studio pad controller ($269, not the daddy) works with the new M1 MacBooks w/ Monterey?? Thx All.
By andreat668 Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:56 am
MacBook Pro 13'' late 2015, Catalina and MPC Software last release.
My MPC Studio Silver (which I bought in 2014) still works great.
I think I installed the drivers as well.
By urbangrigo Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:18 am
i have the same issue. running a mpc studio silver on M1 chip with OS Monterey.
please post here if u guys have any updates. thanks!