Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Marc Teichmann Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:37 am
I am messing around with MPC Studio MK2 for some weeks now and I like the hardware very much.
On the other side MPC Software and how it is interactive with MPC Studio MK2 is not as nice.

There should be simplified screens in MPC Software especially designed to use with MPC Studio MK2 ( a little bit like you would get it on MPC Live, one, ...) Absolut perfect would be if AKAI would release a MPC Software which could be used on an iPad or other tablets.

Unfortunately I doubt that this will happen since I assume that AKAI's goal is to convert MPC Studio MK2 user to MPC Live/One user if they reach at a certain level.

What do you think. Do you have already this feeling that you would like to upgrade and go further since MPC Software is not as perfect integrating with MPC Studio as you have expected ?

Of course at this time I would not upgrade and wait if AKAI is bringing new MPC models at NAMM.
By Herman Ringer Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:20 am
Good post.
I’m seriously considering downgrading to one of the original Studios, cos I feel there’s just too much stuff I’m required to do on the computer instead of the hardware. For example, switching from Crop to Slice modes. And then, for example switching from Manual, to Regions, threshold etc.

The point of using a dedicated MPC controller instead of a standalone one is being able to continue working on and finalize the tracks on the computer. But enjoying the MPC workflow from the hardware.

And yeah, being able to use it on iOS devices would be absolutely fantastic for creation on the move.
By BoxBeater Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:15 pm
For what I do (sample based boom bap instrumentals), the studio 2 is fantastic. Recently picked one up and the way the buttons are laid out for chopping is great.

The sample start, sample end, tune and zoom buttons are all right by the dial. I'm finding it quicker to chop with than my actual MPC. The + and - buttons are great for chopping and zooming too. Mode button is great for getting around the software quick, and also for choosing grid/wave view.

Plugging one of these studio 2's into a 10 year old £150 laptop gives you a more powerful MPC than anything about right now, with the ability to choose to add extra synth vsts and effects as a bonus.

I agree that it would be good to be able to get the same view as what we see on the actual MPC's, but I've gotten used to it now.
I was a massive hater when this thing first came out, but it's taught me to not be so stuck in my ways lol