Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By mocheez Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:41 pm
Hello MPC users. I've been having intermittent midi out problems with my Renaissance on my Mac. It all started when I was running Mac OS High Sierra and got worse since I moved to Mojave. For a long time, the Ren's been my midi workhorse and would deal with any extra midi interface I would add, even low-cost usb adapters… as long as everything was correctly setup in Mac OS Midi & Audio panel. But it would only have four (A,B,C & D) midi out slots and I had less external gear, back then. Then I updated to v. 2.10 and suddenly some midi out's were not recognized, randomly (or so it seemed). For some time I could deal with it but I recently added more eternal gear and was in need for more midi ports. So I had to buy an Emagic Unitor 8 midi interface to connect everything. While MPC (2.10) sees all the Midi IN's from the Unitor, it won't see the corresponding Midi OUT's. My other DAW's (mainly Cubase 10) see and make good use of all of the Unitor's MIDI ports correctly, so the problem is mostly MPC related. I've tried re-installing version 2.8 and 2.9 but then I'm back to the old 4 midi out slots (A, B, C & D) and I still can't use the Unitor. Im' using latest Renaissance firmware. Anybody had similar problems?