Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Sergio Doval Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:38 pm
I'm trying to install MPC Studio Black in Mac mini, Apple M1 Chip, with Monterey OS.

When I connected it, it worked perfectly as a controller, but when I started to install drivers, it stopped working, and when I upgraded to MPC 2.0 it disappeared. I only get de MPC letters in the controller display and nothing more.

When I try to install other driver I get a sign that they are not suitable for this OS version.

Can anyone help me on this. I don't know what else I can do.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:49 pm
Studio black not supported on M1 nor Monterey:
https://inmusicbrands.force.com/akaipro ... kai-Pro#m1

Nothing can be done other than getting an older intel Mac capable of running an older OS that the MPC Studio Black was okay with. I believe this is Mojave, 10.14.6. Basically Studio Black, for unknown reasons, is very poorly supported, even the silver studio works on M1/Big Sur. There was a claim in recent release notes that studio black was supported, but I think that was a typo, probably should have read 'MPC studio Mk 2'.

Life span of MPC 'controllers' is patchy and relatively short lived for Mac owners, be it MPC Ren, MPC Touch or MPC Studio Black, so buyer-beware if thinking about an MPC Studio Mk 2. IMO stick to standalone units, which so far have all remained well supported for 'controller mode' use. Unless of course you are happy to be stuck with older hardware and unsupported OS.
By DHKroll Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:05 pm
Hi Sergio Doval, could you be more clear?
You were able to use an MPC Black Studio as a controller on a Mac M1 and Monterey, then you installed the MPCs and drivers and now it doesn't work anymore?
When I connected it, it worked perfectly as a controller, but when I started to install drivers, it stopped working, and when I upgraded to MPC 2.0 it disappeared. I only get de MPC letters in the controller display and nothing more.
I have an MPC Black Studio and a Mac Book Pro 13 M1 since December 2020 but I have never been able to use it in any way, neither with Big Sur nor with Monterey.
Always just blue screen and MPC writing!
Akai has been silent and keeps giving the device as "in testing" for two years.
Really embarrassing.