Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Daisy95 Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:25 am
Hey, I never used a MPC before and just bought the MPC Studio.. I want to use it for live performance and play the backing tracks from the device instead of using a laptop.. Is this even possible? my idea was to upload the WAV files on the MPC on the different pad buttons and just connect the MPC to the speakers.. ?

Can someone please help?
By MPC-Tutor Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:40 am
The MPC Studio is just a controller for the MPC Software, so it has to be connected to a computer via USB with the MPC Software running on the computer. For your requirements it sounds like you should have bought an MPC One or MPC Live, which can run 'standalone', i.e. with no computer.
By DokBrown Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:10 pm
If you want a cheap sampler for just playing tracks, you might wan-na just get a used korg electribe sampler or an old MPC with JJOS. Much cheaper. These new MPCs are for people want to make music w/o a computer.

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/ko ... be-sampler

whatever you do, try downloading the manual before you make a purchase so you understand what you are buying & what you are not.