Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By funkycoldmedina Fri May 13, 2022 6:56 pm
Are there any glaring technical disadvantages (besides lack of certain hardware control functions on the newer units) of using the MPC Ren to control the 2.0 software? When I hook the Ren up to my computer using 2.0, the Ren seems to be in Midi mode? But it does seem to work, and it appears that I can use it for everything I need? Am I missing something here or possibly being an idiot? Because I had heard previously that the newer units were the only ones compatible with 2.0 and up? But this setup seems to work for me.

Any insight or heads-ups would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
By SakisX Sat May 14, 2022 8:47 am
I was using Ren with the latest software with no issues . Some tiny glitches on last version such us pads wouldn't light up on changing to 16 level unless you hit them once , but generally all menus on screen where accessible for all features .
By MPC-Tutor Sat May 14, 2022 9:12 am
I just hooked up my old MPC Studio to 2.10.1 on Mac Mojave and it all seems to be working fine, e.g. newer program params are there on screen etc, but I don't think they actively test or tweak the bluescreen UI anymore, so there's likely some aspects that might be unsupported.

The issue isn't the MPC Software version, it's whether your Mac/Windows OS supports the separate hardware drivers that are needed for communication between the hardware and computer. They haven't updated those drivers for some time now, so make sure your computer is running an OS that they made drivers for.