Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Roe Fri May 27, 2022 7:53 am
Currently using the iMPC but think the Studio would be better and I'm wondering if you can mix bar lengths? So if I have tracks 1&2 as 8 bars but want to add a 4 bar beat that loops, can I do this?

Also is it possible to send FX to only one pad instead of all of them?

Lastly, when sampling, are there ADSR features?
By MPC-Tutor Fri May 27, 2022 8:30 am
Yes, each track can have its own length. And yes, you can insert FX to a single pad, as well as across an entire program (and across a submix and master outputs). And yes, all pads and keygroups have envelopes - amp (volume), filter and pitch, which can be ADSR, AD or AHDS.

Wouldn't recommend an MPC Studio though. The original Mk 1 is discontinued and no longer supported (no hardware drivers so no support on newer computer OS), the new Mk 2 is very poor IMO and gives limited 'hands on' control. If you want a budget MPC Software controller I would actually look at an MPD as it can at least be used with other apps as well. But generally speaking I would say, go for an MPC One, second hand if money is tight.