Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Osten Powers Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:13 pm
Hey guys,

I have a strange problem since today with my MPC Renaissance. When I open a project, I can switch between the knobs "Program Edit", "Program Mix", "Sample Edit" and so on without a problem. As soon as I press play and the beat is running and I change the windows (e.g. from Main Mode to Prog Edit) it mixes up the graphics on the Display of my Ren Hardware. Looks like graphical errors...USB cable changed, same issue. USB Port changed, same issue. I had it on version 2.9, just updated to 2.11 but its the same issue. Anyone experienced this and has a solution? Thx
By Telefunky Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:49 am
Did you power down the Ren in between ?
Best approach is to unplug the cable, then switch the power button a couple of times, wait a moment and then connect the cable again for a regular switch on.
(the switch on without power connection unloads the onboard capacitors, that may buffer strange states of the controller)
By Osten Powers Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:24 am
Telefunky wrote:Did you power down the Ren in between ?
Best approach is to unplug the cable, then switch the power button a couple of times, wait a moment and then connect the cable again for a regular switch on.
(the switch on without power connection unloads the onboard capacitors, that may buffer strange states of the controller)

I restarted laptop and MPC Ren multiple times, changed 3 different usb cables + USB ports. One thing to mention, I did some Windows 10 updates, before everything was o.k., but I guess if it's a windows problem I wouldn't be the only one who has it, right?
By Telefunky Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:42 pm
Wrong conclusion... ;)
There are literally millions of individual Win-10 configurations and shit just happens.
(or call your case the exception that confirms the rule)
It either may self-heal (with one of the next updates) or you may need to reinstall the software (just guessing for worst case scenario).
I‘m no expert in this domain because I don‘t have any Win10/11 running and would never install it on any of my boxes, under no circumstances...