Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By bcrowe306 Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:29 pm
I finally did it!

I have reverse engineered the MPC Studio Mk2 and found all the midi mappings. I'm in the process of creating a script to use the controller with Ableton Live. Its going well so far. I'm able to get the pads to light up and give feedback while playing. I've even able to show Ableton live clips on the pads with the clip color.

Being able to use this device in other DAWs with the tactile feedback from the buttons and LEDs will triple the value of this little ontroller

For anyone who's interested, I'm documenting it all in a github repository. The link is listed below. I'm still working on the LCD display. I want to be able to control that as well. Akai, if you're listening, a simple technical document of this communication protocol for this device would greatly help. You already have, so just share it with those of us that have bought your software and products. PLEASE!!!

Github link:
https://github.com/bcrowe306/MPC-Studio-Mk2-Midi-Sysex-Charts