Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By bp2k8 Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:57 pm
I only see IN 1,2 all the way thru IN 31,32 and of course RESAMPLE. I do not see external like in the young guru youtube tutorials and manual.

I am using ASIO and then mpc rensisance as both input and output driver selection. I left everything as default but can certainly change parameters if needed. Am I missing something in the settings? Running mpc 2.0 software and latest drivers for the Ren. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

The active input and output channels are all checked. I have my laptop going str8 to my Ren. I have it set to mic in swithc on front and line in swtch on back, I am using trs cable going from input on back of mpc into my laptop with 1/4 plug. I have tried it also with trs to trs from mpc input going to my kayboard plugged into output on there. Still no external opton on mpc. Thanks for clarity here guys.
By bp2k8 Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:40 pm
that worked somewhat so far thanks mpc-tutor! I can hear it now when i play keys on the mpc and i can see the DB led lights light up when there is sound near the mic/phono switch. However, I have monitor set to ON in the sample record window and when I hit record no sound is recorded nor can I monitor the threshold levels on the led screen. I have to rely on the led lights aforementioned. Any tips. Thanks again. I put it n internal 1,2 as selected source as you mentioned.
By 83dude Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:20 pm
What‘s your operating system? The Renaissance‘s audio interface doesn‘t work anymore on a recent OS (or at least not without problems), as far as I know.
By bp2k8 Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:36 pm
thanks fam for checking in on me. i am using windows 10 mpc 2.0 software. I also have 1.9 ren software installed on a separate pc running windows 7. I got so far as to now hear the incoming audio however monitoring via lcd screen does not work and recording aforementioned audio coming in; never actually records.
By SakisX Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:32 pm
bp2k8 wrote:thanks fam for checking in on me. i am using windows 10 mpc 2.0 software. I also have 1.9 ren software installed on a separate pc running windows 7. I got so far as to now hear the incoming audio however monitoring via lcd screen does not work and recording aforementioned audio coming in; never actually records.

So , to recap :
Ren Mic input set to line
Selected Mic not phono
synth line out -> mic input using TRS (or TS)
verify that sound is produced by turning the direct monitor knob all the way to Input (then turn it to Comp)

Selected Input 1/2

at this point do you see signal going in ?