Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By ProMusic27 Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:20 pm
Hi there, Mauricio here, in need of help.

I just bought a MPC Renaissance, second hand, but new as brand new... As soon as I got my hands on it, got the last MPC software version installed in my Dell G3 Windows 10 notebook, as well as the driver v2.9.64. When I first start MPC software it told me that the MPC need to have its firmware updated, and I properly did it.

Now, I am having this weird clock problem (I believe it is a matter of internal clock sync):
When I start the software, everything works fine but, as time passes (like 5minutes of working) the audio signal begging to introduce some artifacts, like small glitches and some sort of repetition delay, it will keep increasing till the sound got totally distorted. If I change sample rate, the sound got normal again but, in a matter of minutes, the same problem happens.
I have tried to uninstall (with Revo uninstaller) and reinstall the driver (v2.9.64), but the bug remained.
I've also tried to uninstall MPC software, reinstalling an older version (1.9.6), but the same thing happened.
I have also reinstalled the firmware (v1.10), but with no success.
I didn't find an older version of the firmware, to try a downgrade, and I have run out of ideas.
Could you guys help me with that?

Many thanks from your brazilian folk... Peace.
By 83dude Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:35 am
I had the exact same problem on my campus workstation with the Ren (although with a Mac). Only thing I can suggest is plugging it directly to a USB slot in the computer not using a hub. Using a shorter cable also helped. The issue disappeared that way. This is not a driver issue, BTW.
By ProMusic27 Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:49 pm
Thanks for your reply 83dude... It's already in a direct usb port... the cable I am using isn't even that long, maybe about 5ft long. But I will try a shorter cable.
By Telefunky Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:50 pm
It‘s less about the length (if within USB specs), but the quality of the cable... unfortunately there may be no visual indication at all about the latter :?

The clock environment is somewhat complex in your setup: Win 10 sees at least 2 audio interfaces, onboard and the Ren and it may switch master clock by application or plain chance/error.
Tbh I have no idea about Win10 details (and I don‘t long for...), but clocking in general is always the same thing.
There can only be 1 master and there must be exactly 1 master.

Setting the Ren as the single audio device in Win (disable all other audio items) and use only DAW software (no streaming, multimedia, social dunno what) with the MPC software may lead to a more consistent status.
Check clock rate and that the Ren is master in Win and MPC control panel.

In such a minimized setup the performance should be stable...
If it stays like that over a couple of days you may add other stuff (in case you need it) in single steps and watch out for failures.
Best of luck...
By SakisX Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:14 am
Also check the power supply (besides the usb cable/port).
Try using Ren as audio interface with Reaper to check if same problem occurs and increasing the buffer size , if the glitching persists try using wasapi drivers (or ASIO4All) to check if something is broken on MPC Asio driver

@Telefunky disabling other audio devices will result the opposite , windows will use Ren as main audio device trying to access it while using the DAW. I always disable the audio interface from the audio properties and let my DAW use the interface with ASIO driver keeping the onboard for everything else
By Telefunky Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:13 am
SakisX wrote:@Telefunky disabling other audio devices will result the opposite , windows will use Ren as main audio device trying to access it while using the DAW...

That‘s exactly what was intended ;)
(I might have added more clearly that the purpose is to get a defined configuration with only the Ren, Win and possibly a DAW)
If it doesn‘t fail, you know clock is ok and not distracted by whatever audio components.