Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:19 pm
Thinking of getting a new macbook, what's the feedback regarding M2 support for the MPC Software in general, and controller mode hardware drivers?

Nothing regarding M2 on the Akai site. MPC Software only mentions support for M1, they say 'check specific models' for driver compatibility, but of course there's nothing at all on those pages regarding driver compatibility. Manual says 'refer to web site'....

Purchasing mostly for travel - MPC Software and MPC Studio 2 support would be okay at this point.
By natbuk Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:09 pm
MPC studio software works ok on M1 (so presumably M2 also), but no support for studio control panels except the Mk2 one (with the mini display) - the silver and black studio controllers do not work, not even on vm (as that's arm CPU too) and probably never will. Sad :( - older control panels also seem to be broken on windows 10
now, I guess due to windows updates/no support from Akai on updating drivers.
By Bombbeats4000 Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:16 pm
natbuk wrote:MPC studio software works ok on M1 (so presumably M2 also), but no support for studio control panels except the Mk2 one (with the mini display) - the silver and black studio controllers do not work, not even on vm (as that's arm CPU too) and probably never will. Sad :( - older control panels also seem to be broken on windows 10

Nonsense ...

As stated before by me, Studio Black works fine on Mac M1 with Ventura 13.1 and the latest MPC software 2.11.7 (and 2.11.6 also worked fine).
By kaydigi Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:56 pm
Bombbeats4000 wrote:
natbuk wrote:MPC studio software works ok on M1 (so presumably M2 also), but no support for studio control panels except the Mk2 one (with the mini display) - the silver and black studio controllers do not work, not even on vm (as that's arm CPU too) and probably never will. Sad :( - older control panels also seem to be broken on windows 10

Nonsense ...

As stated before by me, Studio Black works fine on Mac M1 with Ventura 13.1 and the latest MPC software 2.11.7 (and 2.11.6 also worked fine).

Are saying the the old black studio mk1 with 4 knobs , works on M1? I could not get the silver studio , black studio mk1, or Ren to work on M1 Pro Mac Book.

They work fine on my Intel iMac ,
By kaydigi Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:25 am
So I just hooked up my M2 Pro Mac mini. I couldn't get the Black MK 1 Studio to work at first. Then I selected Rosetta mode and started the MPC software and the Black MK1 worked. I was able to uncheck rosetta and run the software in native and it works with no issues.

I could not get the Silver Studio or my Ren to work. I'm going to try this on my Mac Book Pro M1 Pro later on tonight. Good shit, I tried this the first day Akai said the Black MK1 worked, even called them and they said it didn't.
By Bombbeats4000 Mon May 15, 2023 12:44 pm
You are right ... Black studio works on Apple silicon but the Silver one (which is identical apart from the color scheme) and the REN don't work.

Very weird for Akai to make a driver for the Studio Black yet not supporting the basicly same device in silver and not supporting the Ren.
They both have the exact workflow and display style.
Real shame.
By biomaskin Sun May 21, 2023 8:02 am

It is a horrible time for music production equipment when this is the new normal. If you finally get a setup you really like, it might be out of date 2 years later just because - and nobody is updating you on why or if it will ever be fixed. I hate it :fku: