Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By BoomBoomClap Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:20 pm
Hey all

I'm new to MPCs and beat-making and have recently bought an MPC studio MK2. I'm currently using it with the free Asio4all software.

Should I be using an audio interface with the MPC Studio? And if so, what would be the benefits?

I've tried searching online for info on this subject, but haven't really found anything.

All help and advice welcome! I would also like to hear your own personal accounts of using the MPC studio with or without an audio interface if possible.

Cheers
By Telefunky Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:49 pm
Even a relatively simple external interface will provide a way better audio quality than your current PC onboard audio, on both input and output.
(don‘t trust the specs bla bla - it does not represent what your ears will tell you)

An external interface will let you choose from a wide variety of in/out channel count and quality.
(you may track with microphones, guitar/bass, use external gear etc)
For example an Audient ID4 delivers studio grade vocals plus decent output quality for just slightly above $100. Incredible bang for bucks.