Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By kdhkd Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:03 pm
Im thinking of getting mpc ren. However, Im kinda considering to get it, because of the compatability wity MPC beats.
As far as I know, mpc ren works in the latest version but it might not work with new version of mpc beats that will come out in the future.
Do yall think akai will not consider mpc ren while they make new version of it?
I can get MPC one but I like mpc ren's design so... Im considering which one to get.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:15 pm
kdhkd wrote:I can get MPC one but I like mpc ren's design so... Im considering which one to get.

Don't buy any gear because of what it looks like, get the one that has the features you need. The Ren is no longer supported, so it's not really a long term investment unless you are happy keeping your computer 'frozen in time' when it comes to OS updates. It's also not standalone, so you'll never have the option of running it without a computer. MPC Beats is track and feature limited, it's not really supposed to be a companion to an MPC, you should use the MPC Software, so factor the price of this as the Ren only comes with a licence for the old 1.x series MPC Software (discontinued around 7 years ago).
By kdhkd Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:20 pm
Because as of right now, Im using mpc studio which is exactly same as Mpc ren. Different thing is only a design of hardware. Im satisfied with mpc studio workflow so I thought I will also be satisfied with mpc ren. But thanks for your opinion! I should get one of latest mpcgear!