Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By MoorThenMusic® Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:16 am
Peace. Had the Ren working fine in Mac OS High Sierra running MPC V2.7 with 3.3.11 driver. Updated OS of Mac on two separate volumes Mojave & Catalina the MIDI/control still works even up to MPC 2.12 but lost the Ren as an audio interface option in Apple AMS. Did a clean install of High Sierra after speaking to Akai agent via chat being advised to roll back...I did and now the Ren isn't showing up as an audio device in a OS where it previously worked. Tested the Ren on a PC and it shows up as both a controller and audio interface. Any ideas, experience, or remedy?
By MoorThenMusic® Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:23 am
FIXED!!!! My Ren/Software & Mac were all powered up. I started my Technics 1200 and cranked the gain on the Ren record knob (pause) , I noticed the signal LEDS weren't active, toggle between Line/Phono..no LEDS. Had a revelation to power the Ren off & turn it back on while holding the Shift button...LEDS showed signal was present again...checked in Apples AMS and there it was back being seen as an audio interface & the same in MPC software version 2.12 in Mojave!! Humdulilah!!!