Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By MPCRenaissance60 Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:41 am
Hey there i love my Ren . Actually working with my Laptop and Mojave. My main Studio Mac is an M1.
So the Ren isn't recognized at all... That's nothing new of course.. I bought a Studio black. Works fine but it's not the same as the Ren. Unfortunately i don't have the money to buy a MPC X (just as controller...)
So any HACKERS, Computer Nerds , Ultra Programmers out there that can hack the driver ? Maybe a fusion with the studio black driver ? That would be fantastic !!!!
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:05 am
The driver situation is a bit weird, all three units are long discontinued, but for some reason they went to the effort of updating the black studio. Maybe there's a deeper technical reason holding back the other two, rather than just a business decision. Either way, not heard of any geeks being on this, most of them seem to be rocking the newer touchscreen MPCs as they have much more interesting hacking possibilities.
By swab Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:46 pm
I hate this fact so much.. I LOVE my Ren.. Got the live2 but i want my Ren lol.
Anybody know if its possible to just use it as a regular midi controller? maybe even with the regular midi cables instead of the usb