Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Luce H Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:06 am

Figured I'd ask here since I'm honestly not sure what to do.
When turned on, no matter what, It's just a solid blue screen with a varying amount of the bottom pads lit up in different colors.
When the USB isn't plugged in, the two bottom left pads are lit up red, and when the USB is plugged in all 4 bottom pads are lit up in a pattern of Red, Green, Green, Yellow.
I'm including the pattern on the pads in case they might be able to tell some sort of debug error with the hardware or something.

When plugged in to my PC, it's fully recognized as an MPC Renaissance, the software recognizes it, I can even plug a flashdrive into it's USB ports and open it on the PC.
The controller itself is just, in limbo basically, bordering on being a glorified paperweight.

I've tried two different power supplies that are both 12V 2A with the same exact results.
I've tried updating the firmware twice, but if it's possible to downgrade the firmware I'd like to know for testing purposes.

I'm on a tight budget so I'm trying to figure out what the issue might be and see if it's fixable before I pay to send this back.