Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Tizzy Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:23 am
I used to run my silver MPC Studio version 1.9 on a really old MacBook. I recently bought a new MacBook Pro Ventura 13.5, and was wondering how I can download the latest MPC Studio software?

I'm not computer savvy, need help please.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:11 pm
Tizzy wrote:Wow. I have to buy a new hardware if I want to make beats now?

MPC hardware requires custom drivers to work with computers and Akai are not going to keep updating those drivers for units that are long discontinued. MPC Studio was discontinued perhaps 4 or 5 years ago now. There are compatibility charts available on Akai's web site. It's not realistic to expect these things to work forever, at some point they will stop working.

Standalone MPCs are the better option as they can operate without a computer. But when it comes to computer support (e.g. controller mode), assume your MPC model will eventually cease to function, unless you retain an older computer model. But those computers are unlikely to support the latest MPC Software version.
By larrybossmon Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:45 am
Hey boss, same boat but all worked for me and did this just today

Not sure what this other dudes talking about unless black / silver is the issue

Went from a 2010 macbook / studio black

to a 2020 m1 with the same studio black

Go to akais website, find the download for the mpc software and youre good to go. U may need to leave 1.9 in the past sadly and move on the the latest greatest mpc software. I loved 1.9 more than 2 bc it was simple and all i needed, itll take getting used to but worth it

When installing it it will ask what mpc u have and studio black is definitely there and boom u have ur new computer mpc studio and latest mpc software all ready to go g :smoker:

If that doesnt work there still is ways u can use 1.9 and ur studio with ur new mac