Support and chat about Akai's range of MIDI controllers, including the MPD. MPK and LPD
By mpd18 Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:00 pm
Hey all!

i just bought a akai mpd 18 for some beatmaking in fruity loops v10. It works fine when i load up my drums, hi hats etc on pads. But when i start working on a beat it sounds like the sound is clashing, my drum + hi hat dont work very well togheter it sounds like they clashing or something.

Anyone now how to fix this?

peace ! :smoker:
By Menco Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:15 pm
Using a new controller should not effect the sound of the samples you are triggering. Are you sure you didn't had those clashes with your previous controller?
By mpd18 Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:48 am
mr_debauch wrote:what does it mean "sounds clashing" ... like your drums are not triggering at the right time?

Nah its not a delay or anything like that. Im pretty new at this and find it hard to explain but im gonna try.

When i do a simple beat in fruity loops, my hi hat and kick sounds great togheter when they play at the same time. But now when i try to repeat my fruity loops beat on my MPD with my hi hat + kick + snare it doesnt sound as good. It almost sounds like they clash with eachother instead of "working togheter".

Im very new at this beatmaking just started this year so i have much to learn i guess.
By mr_debauch Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:29 am
are you recording a score and this is the issue when playing back the result? or are you talking about simply listening to when you are playing the mpd just messing around?

because it could be a few issues..

1) buffer settings not correct... or there is a delay from when you push the pads

2) you need to practice your pad timing.

3) try and play with the quantize feature within piano roll.. supposing you recorded notes

for now, look into those.