Support and chat about Akai's range of MIDI controllers, including the MPD. MPK and LPD
By forensikz Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:23 pm
im using fl studio and im trying to figure out the proper configuration to setup my akai s950. I dont have the power cable for the mpd so i cant hook up directly, but in fl studio it allows me to assign it a midi port, and i want my tascam us 144 (which is midi out to the s950 midi in) to relay the date when i play the midi out insert in the sequencer. is this possible or am i completely off thinking the usb connected mp can do this?
By Metatron72 Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:44 pm
forensikz wrote:im using fl studio and im trying to figure out the proper configuration to setup my akai s950. I dont have the power cable for the mpd so i cant hook up directly, but in fl studio it allows me to assign it a midi port, and i want my tascam us 144 (which is midi out to the s950 midi in) to relay the date when i play the midi out insert in the sequencer. is this possible or am i completely off thinking the usb connected mp can do this?

Yeah in theory that should work. Personally I never used FL with my external hardware, but I see no reason you couldn't. I do what you are describing every day with Ableton Live. I prefer using Live for that sort of thing because the MIDI I/O is listed right in all the channel strips in Session view, very easy to keep track of.

But yeah just about any DAW will be able to direct your MIDI from USB MIDI devices to a MIDI port that connects to external stuff.