Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By kdrone Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:27 pm
Hello,
I tried to send this report to JJ via their webpage but the form does not allow to write almost anything, so I am hoping putting it here would yield better results.
I have recently found this problem and am pretty sure it didn't happen before, but I cannot confirm that.

MPC-1000 (Black), JJOS2XL
Happens at least since version 3.76, tested yesterday on 3.79

The problem shows up on my Roland TR-8S only, and the MPC is the only machine that creates this problem.

When hitting PLAY/START, the TR-8S acts as if this was played twice fast (double audition of first step), proceeds to play off sync (as far off sync as that double take on first step took).
When hitting PLAY from the beginning, this does not happen.
Also, you need to be selecting your TR-8S pattern via Program Change from the MPC in any given channel.

Reproduction:
- Set one MPC track to send MIDI on the TR-8S channel used for pattern changes
- Set a PC value other than OFF to change pattern on TR-8S via MPC
- Have a sequence programmed on the TR-8S
- Hit PLAY/START, you will hear double the first step, and it will be off sync.

Dunno if this is any help, but I monitored the output from the MPC, and I got the following results:
PLAY button
SYSEX: F0 7F 7F 06 03 F7 followed by "Song Possition Ptr" message

PLAY/START button
SYSEX: F0 7F 7F 06 02 F7 (nothing else)

So both buttons work slightly different already.

I know this is very specific to a setup, but I feel like something is off, because, I have not encountered this problem before, and I have been using this combo for a couple of years now, a lot. I wonder if any other machines behave the same way, especially Roland Aira ones (anyone with an MC-707 able to test?)

Today I will try to revert to an older JJOS and see if this still happens, trying to determine if this was something introduced later.