Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By evil A Sulli Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:09 am
innovine wrote:Currently the grid mode displays notes upside down. The most logical way would be to display A01 at the bottom, and A16 at the top... can we please, please have an option to invert the display?!

Man I have been waiting for this for years. The only thing is in most languages you start from the top left to read then go right then down.

With that said Pad 13 should be beat 1 of bar 1 and Pad 4 should be beat 4 of bar 4.The top row is bar 1 and the bottom row is bar 4.
By evil A Sulli Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:29 pm
innovine wrote:a01 at the bottom, a16 at the top, following the midi mapping. That way a scale on the grid will look more like proper notation, not notation which is upside down.

I guess different modes is needed then everyone is happy.
By evil A Sulli Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:09 am
bliprock wrote:I think the way it is, is fine and dandy. It does not stop me in understanding whats there.

I just doesn't feel natural to me, and two other people feels it could be improved. So I think innovine has something here.

This is more logical for drums.

[BEAT1.1] [BEAT1.2] [BEAT1.3] [BEAT1.4]
[BEAT2.1] [BEAT2.2] [BEAT2.3] [BEAT2.4]
[BEAT3.1] [BEAT3.2] [BEAT3.3] [BEAT3.4]
[BEAT4.1] [BEAT4.2] [BEAT4.3] [BEAT4.4]
By Sooty_G Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:22 am
evil - i think you are misunderstanding the request because your posts don't make any sense.

what is being requested is that in GRID EDIT (MODE + PAD 15), the pads will be numbered from 1-16 starting at the BOTTOM of the screen and increasing in number as you go UP, with 1 at the bottom row and 16 at the top row (currently it is the opposite).

you keep referring to 'beats' and 'bars' in your posts but i don't understand what that has to do with this request.

and just for the record, i am fine with GRID EDIT the way it is.
By m:t:c Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:43 pm
In MIDI track grid edit it's "correctly": PAD1(bottom) -> PAD16(top). Check it out from any DAW / midi sequencer.

In DRUM track grid edit it's PAD1(top) -> PAD16(bottom). Which I can see is because of the historical burden. The option to flip this to be consistent between tracks would be awesome.

But I'll say it again: it's just a minor nuisance and wouldn't hold my breath for this.
By innovine Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:32 pm
m:t:c wrote:In MIDI track grid edit it's "correctly": PAD1(bottom) -> PAD16(top). Check it out from any DAW / midi sequencer.

In DRUM track grid edit it's PAD1(top) -> PAD16(bottom). Which I can see is because of the historical burden. The option to flip this to be consistent between tracks would be awesome.

But I'll say it again: it's just a minor nuisance and wouldn't hold my breath for this.

Thanks for the clarification m:t:c. As you can probably guess, I've not done much with midi grid mode. As a drummer, with an electronic kit, I make heavy use of drum tracks. It's more or less all I do with my mpc. And so the display is constantly upside down for me. I understand if you learn drum programming just from the mpc, but I've learned (and continue to learn from) sheet music, where the kick is at the bottom (a01) the snare in the middle, and the hihats at the top. So the display of notation in the MPC is entirely upside down. This is more than a minor nuisance for me.

As some people point out, they can live with this, but if it is an easy change, then please please can we have an option to flip the display the right way up, because it would be an incredible improvemet for those who know what standard drum music looks like.
By evil A Sulli Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:02 pm
Sooty_G wrote:evil - i think you are misunderstanding the request because your posts don't make any sense.

what is being requested is that in GRID EDIT (MODE + PAD 15), the pads will be numbered from 1-16 starting at the BOTTOM of the screen and increasing in number as you go UP, with 1 at the bottom row and 16 at the top row (currently it is the opposite).

you keep referring to 'beats' and 'bars' in your posts but i don't understand what that has to do with this request.

and just for the record, i am fine with GRID EDIT the way it is.

Yeah you are correct I'm referring to Loopedit which is upside down also. I do understand what they are saying (number on left) which is also upside down IMO--in reference to pads.