Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By Grump Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:59 pm
More and more other machines are becoming capable of this. The ability to record or modify more than one instrument, drum or midi track without stopping the clock is an important part of many people's abilities to improvise and create live performances. Even at the cost of some live audio processing features, is this possible to implement at all??? If so, could this be added to JJOS2XL, or even possibly as a JJOS4?
By Grump Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:28 pm
Yes, I know this feature has been requested before, I'm asking again because "No, it doesn't do that." is not an answer. I know it doesn't do that now. I want that to change, that is why I am asking again. I know the hardware is capable of doing this, so "It cannot do that." is not factually correct. "It cannot do that with the way the OS is currently configured, and would require a lot of work that I am not currently inclined to do." would be correct and honest. This raises the response: "I understand, and would like to know what would it require to change your inclination toward thi$$$? What i$$$ your time and energy worth to create these changes? If that is not an option, then what would it take to license JJOS2XL to another 3rd party developer to modify and implement these features?"
By Grump Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:55 pm
Lampdog wrote:No, is actually an answer.

Not in this case, because it doesn't clarify anything. It's not answering the question asked. The question was not if the OS is capable. "No" would be an answer to that, if that was what needed clarifying, however, that is already a known value. The question is what would it take to implement those changes, or license the OS to another party to make the necessary modifications to implement the requested actions. Who should I be asking, and how do I contact them?