Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By dknblze Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:04 pm
So... As of today, I've lost about 6 songs in a row after trying to save and then load them back up. Here's how it goes. (Note: I'm using JJos2xl on an mpc1000)

1. I create a few sequences using all of the normal MPC techniques (e.g., create programs, load samples and drum kits into programs, record tracks, etc.)
2. Once the song's completed, I save it into a folder I created called "beats" by saving "entire memory-1."
3. After saving the song, I turn off the MPC.

Here's where the fun begins

When I start up the MPC again and load up the song, all I see is an empty track, and in the Program section, I see "Pgm: ?GN_FREE." I'm not sure what that means. All I know is that all of the tracks are now empty and I can no longer play the song. Any samples I created still exist, but they have to be reloaded, and any drum loops must be recreated. What stresses me out the most is that I can't tell what is causing the problem. I have an 8gb CF card, but it seems to work fine and has none of the functional issues that I experienced with a 32gb card. My assumption is that it's a bug in the JJos2xl os, but maybe I'm just doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.