Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By Undosequence Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:44 am
I absolutely love my 1000 with os2xlcd but the only thing that really messes with my flow is the fact that you can't press 'play start' and hit a pad at the same time without the pad being cut off.

The old ''work flow'' when trying to organise chops was to hit play start with one hand and hit the first chop with the other hand, then somewhere a few bars down the road I'd inevitably mess up so I'd hit stop and start the process again until I got the chops pefect ready to sequence.

But now to do the same thing I have to arrow key back to the start and hit play instead of play start to stop the cut off from happening.

I know this sounds like a minuscule problem but it slows everything down and makes working with chops much less fun.

Could this be sorted to be like the akai os or jj2xl where it was possible to hit play start and a pad at the same time without the pad being cut off?

Thanks!!!
By Undosequence Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:48 pm
I wouldn't say I'm attached to it as I've not been doing it since I got my XLCD around 5 years ago, I just miss it even after all these years so it would be nice to have it back.

I would say that you don't need to know or understand why I would want to work like this, I'm not really looking for advice on how to make beats, I'm aiming this towards JJ so he might see it and implement it (bring it back)

Thanks.
By bees80 Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:20 pm
I wasn't offering advice on how to make beats, really. But in any case, if you just simply want this option back, i advice you to contact JJ directly (via his website). I doubt he's checking in here.

Best of luck.
By Undosequence Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:42 pm
Thanks I'll try and find a way to contact him, I thought maybe he checked it with it being a jjos feature requests part of the forum. I'll get on YouTube and try messaging him on there.
By mikolo Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:05 pm
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/os2xl/other3.htm

Mute/stop of one-shot sample field
During play of one-shot samples, it is the field which selects behavior when muted or [STOP] button is pressed.
THROUGH: One shot samples are always played until sample end.
IMMEDIATE: One shot samples are stopped immediately when pressing stop or muting the pad.
By bees80 Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:32 pm
Undosequence wrote:Thanks Bees, only thing is I've got an XLCD for the 1000 and I use the other features heavily. It seems I want my cake and to eat it too. :-D

Yeah i understand that. I'm only in it for the free cake anyway.
By Undosequence Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:36 pm
mikolo wrote:http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/os2xl/other3.htm

Mute/stop of one-shot sample field
During play of one-shot samples, it is the field which selects behavior when muted or [STOP] button is pressed.
THROUGH: One shot samples are always played until sample end.
IMMEDIATE: One shot samples are stopped immediately when pressing stop or muting the pad.

Thanks for the help Mike but I think I'm talking about something else, I can't think how to explain it.....

Ok lets say you were doing a live show and you wanted to do perform your chops live by hitting the pads but you wanted to play the drums that you'd already programmed into a sequence by pressing play.

ok, so now lets say you wanted the drums and chops to start at the exact same time, obviously you'd hit the first chop/pad and 'play-start' at the exact same time...... this was normal and simple a few o.s's ago, but on xlcd it's not possible to press 'play start' to start at the very beginning of the sequence and a pad at the same time without the pad being cut off.

It's not a major thing, just in an ideal world it would be how it was back in 2xl so you could hit play-start to start playing the sequence plus a pad at the exact same time without the pad being cut off.
By richardjneo Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:04 am
bees80 wrote:I wasn't offering advice on how to make beats, really. But in any case, if you just simply want this option back, i advice you to contact JJ directly (via his website). I doubt he's checking in here.

Best of luck.

Isn't the whole point of this sub-forum that he does check in here? Otherwise what would be the point of a bug-report and feature request subforum? :hmmm: