Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By dtaa pla muk Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:48 pm
so based on current seq tempo, the end points would move?
very cool. don't know how possible it is but i would love that.
i've often wished that loop points were per pad, not per sample...like NDC but for looping. you could have 1 bank of the sample playing normal, and then others of weird glitching and stuttering...
By evil A Sulli Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:44 am
astronaut wrote:Q-Link slider volume adjust in audio tracks

---
---
---
Audio track region EXTRACT TO SAMPLE

I think you are absolutely correct with the Q links being able to change the volume and pan like it does in Mode + Pad 4 and mixer.

Your second request(Extract to sample) is very tricky because there are so many ways to do it. I will continue in your other post. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=149732
Last edited by evil A Sulli on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Sooty_G Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:56 am
Nym wrote:so based on current seq tempo, the end points would move?
very cool. don't know how possible it is but i would love that..

well, the implementation i had in mind was more simple. it would only work in the trim screen just as kind of a guide to help you set your start and end points. but if you set your loop and then changed your seq tempo, the loop would be out of time again. it wouldn't be a realtime thing that was constantly updating all your loop points as you changed your tempo.

but if that WAS possible... that would be insane and i would definitely request it! but i don't think the MPC cpu would be able to keep up with that.

all i wanted was something to help in the TRIM screen with making loops more quickly in tempo. a sort of built in calculator that would say for example: "1/16th time at your current tempo is X amount of milliseconds", and then automatically snap your loop length to those values. makes it really quick to try out all sorts of different loop settings in the TRIM screen and know that it will always be in time.

i've often wished that loop points were per pad, not per sample...like NDC but for looping. you could have 1 bank of the sample playing normal, and then others of weird glitching and stuttering..

yeah, that would be cool. closest we can get to that now is with the qlinks adjusting SAMPLE START & END.
By le rat Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:51 pm
I wish the footswitch could trigger the wait for key recording.

I'd like to see a wait for audio level recording type in main screen too.
By astronaut Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:09 am
le rat wrote:r audio level recording type in main screen too.

You mean if you got an audio track, press REC+STOP and have the foot-switch start recording or activate the audio level recording?
By le rat Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:27 pm
Yeah you re right it s the normal workflow

Usually i record without count in and without click with the wait for key or overdub/punch so I miss that kind of behavior with audiotracks

I must admit that wait for level audio would not be useful in a lot of cases.

Another thing I ve just noticed writing that post is in the case you don t use count in and if you re using your hand you can arm the audiotrack with the rec button then if you press start the sequencer will run. With my footswitch I didn t manage to have the same behavior.

I bought mine a couple of months ago so i m a newbie when it comes to footswitches.
Don't you have any insight on this?

Peace
By le rat Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:38 pm
Thanks to your post Astronaut, I ve just noticed that it s possible to assign a pad to a footswitch that will trigger the wait for note or pad. It s fresh :D
By astronaut Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:44 pm
le rat wrote:Thanks to your post Astronaut, I ve just noticed that it s possible to assign a pad to a footswitch that will trigger the wait for note or pad. It s fresh :D

Ye, I totally forgot that you can assign the footswitch to a pad and use it to start recording in an audio track, although it would be cool to have a separate option for the footswitch.
By jimmie Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:28 pm
In GRID can we have the behaviour of the step buttons revert to how they were a few revisions ago (before v3.05 I think). They used to go to the next note in the sequence, now they go to the next note whose line you are on which I find annoying compared to the old way which I have always used extensively.
By dtaa pla muk Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:25 pm
In GRID can we have the behaviour of the step buttons revert to how they were a few revisions ago (before v3.05 I think). They used to go to the next note in the sequence, now they go to the next note whose line you are on which I find annoying compared to the old way which I have always used extensively.

agreed. though this new behavior is useful too, it can be accomplished in STEP EDIT under selective pad view.

this happened i think as a result of a misunderstood FR.

the goal was to move the vertical selected pad position to and from the next/prev recorded note for easy access to the edit button. like it is in MIDI grid since there is no vertical cursor position.

however, i think they interpreted it as "next recorded instance of pad X in the sequence."
By foodeater Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:23 am
How slow would an auto save mode be? Create an "autosave" project/folder and then all new programs are called project name 1,2,3 etc. Whenever you switch modes any changes are saved automatically. Even if slower it might be worth the laziness factor.
By Skillet Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:16 am
"all track" mode in grid edit - same as "all pad" except copy, paste, move functions act on all tracks at once.
By astronaut Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:16 am
Skillet wrote:"all track" mode in grid edit - same as "all pad" except copy, paste, move functions act on all tracks at once.

+1

(acting on all tracks including audio tracks)
By Funkydrops Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:06 am
Destructive MIDI effects:

BPM-Delay, Flanger, Tremolo... possibly to be applied in Main/Grid/Step and Seq modes.

They could also include some weird step-based modulation of the Pitch/Filters/AMP sections.

They do not have to be calculated in real-time, I'm just looking for a fancy way to modulate a particular pad/note for a given interval of steps via some parameter: the result would be as if they were recorded to the track via Q-link or another incoming midi CC...

You will have your track, you will select pad(s)/note(s), the number of steps you want the effect to be triggered on and the traditional keep/overwrite/play/retry will do the rest! Some effect would eat up on the polyphony, but we could re-sample if needed ;-) It would also give way to experiment with mute/simult, mono/poly and Layer crossfade setting of the pads...

The algorithms are SUPER EASY to program (Delay is just tempo based re-triggering of a sample with a decreasing velocity, flanger is re-triggering it within a few ppq, tremolo is controlling the velocity according on a f(x)... you see where I go) and ABOVE ALL, being destructive, the features will not mess with the CPU, since they will be applied off-line.

It will be nice to have more parameters to tweak, especially for the delay, something like multi-tapping, ADSR...

Thats my request guys, what do you think about it?

PEACE