Read the forum guidelines and post all your comments, questions and suggestions about MPC-Forums.com
By Scrawny Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:01 am
From now on the federation requires us to stay on topic at all times. Failure to meet this requirement will result in disciplinary action in the form of finding your wackest beat and releasing it to the world to ridicule.. :twisted: :twisted:
By Ill-Green Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:10 pm
Yeah, it was the poison of the forums. At one time it was the internet hangout where everybody met and I mean everybody, from coffee table beat hobbyists to Swizz and John Mayer. It was lit until things got out of hand by politics, religion and other controversial threads.

I had a few religious discussions here and things are decent between atheist and believers, then because of one word misspelled or even a comma misplaced, it gets very cringefully ugly real fast.

Good riddance to OT, I hope lightning strikes the server it's archived in. :D
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:31 pm
Yes, off topic was originally created for light hearted banter and chilling, but there didn't seem to be any of that anymore. I'd been thinking about removing it for some time, especially as only a handful of people ever used it. Moving forward I prefer to keep these forums strictly dedicated to MPC-related topics, there's plenty of other sites where people can talk about the other stuff.
By Komatos Records Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:57 pm
1000% agreed MPC-Tutor. As a former owner and/or moderator to multiple Yahoo Groups music gear related forums and mailing lists I definitely understand what a thankless job it can be sometimes.
By Lampdog Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:19 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:….. prefer to keep these forums strictly dedicated to MPC-related topics.

Yes

Keith's Lard wrote:Tbf last time i went in it mainly consisted of one person spamming tinfoil conspiracies at himself

This.
By Ultros Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:10 pm
I complained about said subject spamming my off topic posts with crazy shit and all that happened was I lost permissions to see that subsection lol.

That dude is f@ckin insane...

I figured off topic was for off topic, we could use it to get to know a bit about eachother there but it's kinda hard when every post gets a reply with a c c c c combo of crazy nonsensical rantings.
By NearTao Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:29 pm
Can always reach out in private messages or whatever...

I get Tutor not wanting to let stuff get too off topic. It's already weird enough with people (Akai?) sending folks here for support.
By Ultros Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:22 am
NearTao wrote:Can always reach out in private messages or whatever...

I get Tutor not wanting to let stuff get too off topic. It's already weird enough with people (Akai?) sending folks here for support.

i was goofing off in there, had started a few arguments with people about stuff as well.. I'm glad to see it go. it was embarassing, and its like etched into the forum forEVER.
By Komatos Records Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:20 pm
I've been playing what I have been the last several years: Destiny 2, the latest Battlefield (currently BF 2042), with a few indies thrown in for good measure (Stray, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Llamasoft titles {Tempest 4000, Polybius}, etc.). Still have too many games on my backlog to get back to (Horizon: Zero Dawn, Horizon: Forbidden West, The Last of Us Remastered, The Last of Us Part 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition, etc.).
By Lampdog Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:33 pm
Golden stirling wrote:Kinda miss the video-game thread! :)
‘Twas cool seeing what y’all was playing

I really miss it too!
It felt like a break from everything else here.
Sometimes beatmaking friend come over and we never even mention music, we sit, drink, game, bbq, that’s how the thread felt.

Currently on PS5 w/:
Riders Republic
Devil May Cry
NFS Unbound
God of War Ragnarok
Demon Slayer (awesome fighter)
By Komatos Records Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:05 pm
I forgot to mention: also on PS5 (disc version), with Gran Turismo Sport and Gran Turismo 7 also on my daily playlist for the free car with the marathon (26 miles driven). I also bought a few of my favorite movie series in 4K when I got the PS5 a year and a half ago (Star Wars Skywalker collection, Lord of the Rings collection, Hobbit collection, Back to the Future collection, Matrix 4-movie collection). Other than the Back to the Future trilogy, I still need to have a few marathon 12-hour movie watching binges to go through all these collections I purchased in 4K.
By Lampdog Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:27 pm
I haven’t purchased any movies yet. I prolly should look more into that and start inviting friends over for movie night or something. ALL mpc-forums members wanna come over and run through 2 movies and BBQ?

:P

I have both, PS5 disc and non-disc version.