Read the forum guidelines and post all your comments, questions and suggestions about MPC-Forums.com
By jsf Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:35 am
Is it possible to follow a thread without participating?

Also, is there a way to activate "Notify me when a reply is posted" for all threads I'm in, without having to tick the box every post? Something the user could set from the profile
It's just that I forget everytime :WTF:
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:33 pm
At the top of each topic is a 'Subscribe to Topic' link - just click that and you'll be informed of any new posts to that topic, no participation needed.

As for topics you've posted in: in your control panel, go to Board Preferences > Edit Posting Defaults > Notify me upon replies by default
By pituchez Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:18 pm
i just go to control panel and click on "all posts"
By vanwerk Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:05 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:At the top of each topic is a 'Subscribe to Topic' link - just click that and you'll be informed of any new posts to that topic, no participation needed.

As for topics you've posted in: in your control panel, go to Board Preferences > Edit Posting Defaults > Notify me upon replies by default

Apologies for the necro, but I can't seem to find this link anymore? The "Notify me upon replies by default" option should work for me at the moment, as I'm only interested in getting notifications for threads I've replied in. Thanks for all your work!!
By SakisX Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:04 pm
vanwerk wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:At the top of each topic is a 'Subscribe to Topic' link - just click that and you'll be informed of any new posts to that topic, no participation needed.

Apologies for the necro, but I can't seem to find this link anymore? The "Notify me upon replies by default" option should work for me at the moment, as I'm only interested in getting notifications for threads I've replied in. Thanks for all your work!!

I think the subscribe option is removed ,it would be nice to bring it back . If email notifications stress the server , maybe a simpler balloon type notification would be better
By MPC-Tutor Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:19 pm
Yes, too many notification emails being sent out, most bouncing etc, not good for the email health of the server ip address. Probably a few solutions to it beyond completely disabling (it was supposed to be a short term fix), I'll have to see. Ultimately I'd like to move over to a different forum solution, something more modern and third party hosted, e.g. Discourse or similar, but running costs could be significant, and migration presents a number of headaches.
By SakisX Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:39 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes, too many notification emails being sent out, most bouncing etc, not good for the email health of the server ip address. Probably a few solutions to it beyond completely disabling (it was supposed to be a short term fix), I'll have to see. Ultimately I'd like to move over to a different forum solution, something more modern and third party hosted, e.g. Discourse or similar, but running costs could be significant, and migration presents a number of headaches.

Totally understood , nothing to worry about , it's not that important :)