Read the forum guidelines and post all your comments, questions and suggestions about MPC-Forums.com
By Leigh Green Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:19 pm
Hi everyone! I have a problem with my Akai S3200XL - when I switch it on the backlight comes on but the thing doesn’t seem to boot up. I’ve tried pressing Play to hear if the test tone but get nothing. None of the front panel soft keys light up, the floppy doesn’t do anything either. I’ve checked inside to see if anything’s disconnected but can’t see anything disjointed or loose.

Has anyone had this problem or know what it might be?

Thanks in advance !
By NearTao Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:43 pm
This'll probably get moved to the Other forum section... in case you go looking for it in the future.

Could be just about anything... did you try disconnecting and reconnecting cables? Something may be oxidized. Probably not a fuse, but it may be worth checking the fuses to see if something popped.
By Leigh Green Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:11 am
Thank you for the heads up! First time on here lol

I haven’t gotten around to checking the cables yet, but nothing looks or feels like it’s come loose... however my GFs dad is an electrical engineer for a large university. Perhaps he can help me fault-find on it.

Fingers crossed

I’ve moved it around a few times and it had a knock. Hopefully it’s nothing serious