Read the forum guidelines and post all your comments, questions and suggestions about MPC-Forums.com
By Fre$hBreath Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:59 am
There’s so much great informative video content on Facebook and instagram that’s not on YouTube, is there any chance of these two platforms being added to the forum editor?

For instance I just came across this video highlighting the MPC’s sidecar feature... https://www.facebook.com/10004322013197 ... 98539/?d=n
By Cockdiesel Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:30 am
damn thats slick. I want to see some audio over usb. especially if you could say stream say the 5 tracks of the roland jupiter XM over usb to the audio tracks of the live or x. I know the x can multitrack, so theoretically it could be done if done in a class complaint mode.
By Fre$hBreath Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:29 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:damn thats slick. I want to see some audio over usb. especially if you could say stream say the 5 tracks of the roland jupiter XM over usb to the audio tracks of the live or x. I know the x can multitrack, so theoretically it could be done if done in a class complaint mode.

Umm yeah, but you're distracting from the true objective of this post, which is to get Facebook and Instagram videos embedded in our posts so we don't have to leave this forum. LOL...
By saltmcgault Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:49 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:]
Umm yeah, but you're distracting from the true objective of this post, which is to get Facebook and Instagram videos embedded in our posts so we don't have to leave this forum. LOL...

Did you want a "like" button and the option to "poke" people on the forums too!? :WTF:
By Lampdog Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:18 pm
saltmcgault wrote:Did you want a "like" button and the option to "poke" people on the forums too!? :WTF:

It will just get bigger and more convoluted after that.

I vote no.
By JUKE 179r Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:44 am
Lampdog wrote:
saltmcgault wrote:Did you want a "like" button and the option to "poke" people on the forums too!? :WTF:

It will just get bigger and more convoluted after that.

I vote no.

By MPC-Tutor Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:31 am
By MPC-Tutor Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:34 am
So, the above can embed a Facebook post, just enclose the post url with the BBcode (facebook)' and '(/facebook)' (but with the square brackets).

Unfortunately Facebook do not allow us to share group posts, only posts from pages and pubic profile posts. Can you test this here with some example content to see if it works okay?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:35 am
Does not work for a group post.....

By MPC-Tutor Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:37 am
But does work if you post the direct URL to a photo from a group:

By MPC-Tutor Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:38 am
Also works for group videos:

By JUKE 179r Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:46 pm
@MPC-Tutor… I can't see anything you posted relating to FB. It's just White Lines (cue in GMF & the Furious Five) on IE and Microsoft Edge.
Then again, I don't have a FB account.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:08 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:@MPC-Tutor… I can't see anything you posted relating to FB. It's just White Lines (cue in GMF & the Furious Five) on IE and Microsoft Edge.
Then again, I don't have a FB account.

I've tested on a browser where I'm not logged into Facebook or this forum, it's all working for me. Im just using standard facebook embed code, nothing fancy.

However, if I enable the 'privacy badger' extension and block facebook, the posts do not load, so I suspect it's more likely you have a security setting that might be blocking any third party resources from 'facebook.com'.