Read the forum guidelines and post all your comments, questions and suggestions about MPC-Forums.com
By SakisX Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:24 pm
Hi,
It seems that the posts are marked as unread ,depend on the device you are browsing and not the account .
If I view the same posts from my iPad instead of my PC , the posts I've viewed are treated as unread .
By SakisX Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:55 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:It looks like I accidentally set 'unread post' logging to cookie-based, which would explain this. I've set this so it now stores read status in the database, it should be okay now, although will probably need a couple of visits/sessions before it starts logging properly.

Thanks ,that was fast :worthy:
By Komatos Records Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:37 pm
Sorry for the necro reply, but I bet this is what was causing my issue with Safari on my iPhone 6 not keeping posts marked as read. I think it’s working again now. Thanks for figuring it out and fixing it MPC-Tutor. You da man!!! Now I can go back to reading these forums again regularly.
By 83dude Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:14 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:It looks like I accidentally set 'unread post' logging to cookie-based, which would explain this. I've set this so it now stores read status in the database, it should be okay now, although will probably need a couple of visits/sessions before it starts logging properly.

Thanks for that, Tutor, good find. I felt stupid because I couldn‘t explain to myself why this happened. :Sigh: