Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Fetaldreamcore Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:39 pm
Who on here would know this machine well that I could ask? Thx!

Mpc60II

After two new pad senors and touching up solder on the two multipins of the drum pcb, cleaning/ tightening flex ribbon header, I still have a Dead vertical pad row and NO velocity sensitivity on the good pads. Full level and 16 level works. Is the problem in the drum pad board (maybe the m5238p opamps??). Where is velocity sensitivity controlled on the Mpc60II? Does the problem reside outside the drum pcb?
By fobedafied Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:46 am
my 60II always had velocity issues with my pads yet full and 16 levels worked fine. always wondered if new pad sensor would solve it. my foggy memory faintly recalls someone mentioning that velocity may be controlling something other than dynamics in a setting somewhere?!?!? :hmmm: :?:

I cant really recall definitively, and never really addressed the issue. its been a long while since firing her up and dont have any plans to in the near future. :oops:

sorry I cant help much. :arrow:
By Fetaldreamcore Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:43 am
To update:

After replacing the 74hc04 and la6339 I was able to clear up the multiple samples triggering on one pad and the dead row etc.

the velocity sensitivity however is still an issue and I’m not sure what or where to look. I tested the diodes which we are good. I tested the resistors and all were good but the 470k ohms were off in-circuit but once out of circuit they tested fine. I replaced them anyway since I had them out. I tested the “full level” switch and it appears to test the same as the others with continuity and resistance. I replaced c5c6c7 and c8 on the drum pad board. I’m considering just replacing all the resistors and ceramic caps on the drum pad board for possible partial damage?? If the drum pad board had damage to the 74hc04 then maybe partial burn to the resistors happened as well.

Important to note: a separate velocity sensitive midi keyboard will control velocity via midi so it’s a hardware trigger issue on the Mpc I’m almost certain.

I’d like to know what these resistors do exactly on the drum pad board and if they’re responsible for velocity?

Positive Suggestions welcome.