Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Dave_Mode Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:30 pm
Some Forum Members on here had mentioned a cool idea of a web-based inventory of classic MPC's still in use - by serial number - complete with pics and details of the associated MPC.

* Kind of along a similar path - Is there a serial-number-based list which details the MPC 3000 distribution patterns over the years?

I am interested to know what store, City, State, Country etc, Akai or North American (Canada) distributor would have first shipped mine to - brand new.
By The Grublet Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:29 pm
sounds like an agent.

are you by chance "the man"

trying to install RFID chips into my drum machines?

#getthafukoutahere
By Jim Beats Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:23 pm
Some Forum Members on here had mentioned a cool idea of a web-based inventory of classic MPC's still in use - by serial number - complete with pics and details of the associated MPC.

This just sounds wrong.... in many ways. ???
By Dave_Mode Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:05 am
Grublet
sounds like an agent.
- NO.
are you by chance "the man"
- YES. I am. Glad you took notice.
trying to install RFID chips into my drum machines?
- NO, how many you got?
#getthafukoutahere
- "Expert Member" ... Eater

Grenozh
cool idea, my mpc's number is 60
- good number

Jim Beats
This just sounds wrong.... in many ways.
- I can understand that, but I did not invent the idea, I read it.

I just wanna find out where exactly the one I own was first bought.
By The Grublet Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:30 am
call AKAI. wacko.

I bet it was made in a factory.

I bet it was sold in a retail outfit.

I bet who cares.
By The Grublet Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:16 pm
its a NI rep in hiding... trying to sell me on Komplete 11!

"but doot, this baby has 43 firewire ports so you can plug in up to 86 external hard drives in dual parallel for all your drag and drop sample desires".
By mr_debauch Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:45 pm
I suggested a map showing the limited edition 3000 models... because they are numbered... and it would be neat to know how many still exist and where they wound up.

A lot of people run sites like that though for guitars and stuff... pretty much only rare ones made by small companies.
By Jim Beats Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:18 pm
Sorry but I cant imagine anyone with a mpc3k or 60 wanting to advertise the fact where they are and in what kind of working condition they are.......
By mr_debauch Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:40 pm
Jim Beats wrote:Sorry but I cant imagine anyone with a mpc3k or 60 wanting to advertise the fact where they are and in what kind of working condition they are.......

check the pics of your cribs thread... you will see what the dude is talking about. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. Some people are into that shit. Check out personal traynor amp sites, vintage hagstrom sites... delorean car websites. People do that shit for lots of stuff.
By Dave_Mode Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:28 pm
@ grublet
call AKAI. wacko.
I bet it was made in a factory.
I bet it was sold in a retail outfit.
I bet who cares.
its a NI rep in hiding... trying to sell me on Komplete 11!
"but doot, this baby has 43 firewire ports so you can plug in up to 86 external hard drives in dual parallel for all your drag and drop sample desires".

* you're a dull tool. I put you in your place with my last post, so I'll do it again.
- if you don't know the answer to my question, don't post in the thread. it tends to display your uselessness as an 'expert'.
- and you sound like a 1000 user.
- so unless you're going to contribute constructively - peep your myspace page instead, or use this time to create another stunning avatar of yourself and peanut butter.

fortified
the drum machne ollamanati?!?!? :shock:
yikes.... they just want to scare you into going software... :twisted:
-so no idea on the list eh?

jim beats
Sorry but I cant imagine anyone with a mpc3k or 60 wanting to ad
- Then use your imagination a little bit more....

Gentlemen:
If you've got an answer, idea, or a clue - please contribute.
If you do not have an answer, no idea, or not even a clue (as demonstrated in a few posts above), then thank you for your time.
Dave
By Jim Beats Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:39 pm
Dude, I own a mpc60mk1 which is in excelent condition, now I wouldnt mind putting up a picture of it in the cribthread, I would mind to give people the location of my homestudio. Why is that so hard to comprehend? I think its a lovely idea but with to many complications.
By mr_debauch Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:53 pm
Jim Beats wrote:Dude, I own a mpc60mk1 which is in excelent condition, now I wouldnt mind putting up a picture of it in the cribthread, I would mind to give people the location of my homestudio. Why is that so hard to comprehend? I think its a lovely idea but with to many complications.

well I dont know about this guy's idea... but when I had the idea in the other thread I was picturing a map of the world and a little dot around the city you are in... just to show like what country has the most kind of thing.... and also it was only for 3000LE models.... studio locations and all that it didn't occur to me that you guys were thinking that. I agree, I would not want to let anyone know where I am located. In fact talk has happened from just the pics alone...