Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By zippertafari Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:33 pm
scoobylol wrote:Rachel Riley mate :wink:

Rachel Rice? A chinese rip off? *poor joke*

haha thats the one - Rachel Rice was on big brother I think. Either that or Im hungry :)
By kurosawa666 Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:30 pm
maplins SWT105 or SWT105A (order codes KR88V & KR89W) are fine. You have to snip off two of the legs.I find it easier to snip off diagonally opposite legs so the switches line up with the plastic buttons.Also buy a desolder pump or the job is a total ****.
By zippertafari Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:31 am
kurosawa666 wrote: Also buy a desolder pump or the job is a total ****.

ok - would solder braid do the same thing ?
Going to pay maplins another visit tommorrow I think...
By kurosawa666 Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:37 am
zippertafari wrote:
ok - would solder braid do the same thing ?
Going to pay maplins another visit tommorrow I think...

Buy a pump it'll save you hours of sweat and tears...and if you're got the money tip tinner and cleaner(maplins order code JG06G) makes it even easier esp if you've got a bunch of switches to replace....and when one goes it isn't long till more follow so you may as well get the right tools....you're going to be doing a lot of this! I also use a magnifing glass taped to a mic stand and 2 desk lamps to eliminate shadows...pre-roll a couple of J's put a heavy mix tape on and zoom into mini mini world.
By syn-fi Mon May 06, 2019 6:10 pm
hi,
if you want the 'light-touch' tacts try OMRON B3F6020 Tactile Switch, B3F Series, Top Actuated, Through Hole, Round Button, 100 gf, 50mA at 24VDC

JPN - Japan made vs 6022 which are from China.

Ignore the stock photos...they are through-hole...two pin/legs as the originally but they require less force and last longer.

Higher quality.

In the UK Farnell and RS : https://uk.farnell.com/omron/b3f6020/sw ... dp/1960988