Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By micb Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:14 pm
Hi people. Now usually I wouldn't dream of doing this, but I have been left no choice.

Just over 2 months ago, I purchased the vailixi 3.50 upgrade from Rohan at Mansell labs website. Everything was cool at the beginning, we emailed eachother a few times and payment was sent via paypal on 16th August. I had included all the details of postage address and mpc details, and he even said himself that now I had given all the details so quickly, he could get started and get it sent out.

I hear nothing for a couple of weeks, so he writes saying, sorry he had been tied up, hes got it made, tested and sent out. Next thing I know, I get a curious looking email from some shipping company saying that the package has been sent etc, no tracking details or nothing. So 3 more weeks go past and I decide to contact him as I have heard or recieved nothing... (I know airmal is sometimes slow so i'm fairly patient).

After Sending him like another 3 or 4 emails since, to BOTH of his addresses I have still had no response. I tried going to paypal to open up a case, and they said now it's past 45 days they can't do much. I contacted this so called shipping company, apprently they can't find any details with my reference number and even then, the sender must be the one who makes the query.

SO what do I do now..? I was fairly optimistic about buying the upgrade, as I have heard what a good dude this fella this,and I am sure he has helped sh*t loads of peoples in the mpc community, so I am real confused as to all this...

I understand things can happen in life which can affect your work etc, but over 2 months is no excuse. When peoples money is in the equation, and you are being paid for a service, it should be a priority that you get people sorted and not f*ck them about.
I don't want to bad mouth his reputation, but I don't have a choice. He hasn't been on this forum since 20th of september, at least not on his ,mpc3000le account.

Any one got any ideas, or better yet any more reliable contact situation with the guy??
By b.read Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:55 pm
Hope he's OK...this is not like him at all. :cry:

I'm confident that your mix-up will be worked out.
By Clint Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:37 pm
@micb

I thought you sold the 3000LE?

So are you wanting the chips from Rohan or a refund?

I'm sure the problem is not with Rohan if he sent it out.

I can understand your frustration for sure, but the thread title could be doing Rohan a disservice, and rather unfairly so IMHO.

Your beef may well be with a 3rd party in this case, but have you rubbished them yet?
By micb Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:29 pm
I did sell the 3000, but before I decided to sell it I ordered the chips. The plan was to either sell them on to the buyer of the 3k or keep them for the future. Chips or a refund is fine, but having neither is bothering me.

Yes it could be clint, but at the end of the day is he isn't responding to emails or present on the forum to verify his absence, then I think it's more than perfectly fair to warn other people so that they don't go sending money to his paypal, otherwise they will end up in the same boat. At the end of the day, if I was selling a product, and was going to be unavailable for a period of time, I would either state that on the website, or make the payment options innaccesible.

Well, the shipping company isn't much use to me unless the sender contacts them, which in this case is just an evil cycle. He didn't put tracking on the item which I think was rather stupid for an item this small. It's not like it would of cost much more. So I can see your point dude, but I think he is doing me an even bigger and more unfair disservice...
By Lampdog Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:40 am
rokuez wrote:Very odd this is the only time ive seen anyone having an issue with getting the valixi os

Yup.

Where the hell u been been Rok? How r u man?
By yoonchul Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:33 pm
Hi, I usually just lurk on these forums but I felt I had to speak up. I too am waiting for my EPROMs. I sent payment on sept 21st and was in good communication with Rohan up to sept 27th when he said he'd be able to give me tracking info the next day. That was the last I heard from him despite numerous emails. The difference with micb is that I didn't get any sort of email saying it was shipped. Up to this point I wasn't overly concerned because of all the good things I hear about Rohan on this forum but now I'm wondering if I need to open up a dispute with paypal before my 45 days are up so I'm not s.o.l.

I'm still hoping this will resolve itself but I don't think it's unreasonable or unfair to let prospective buyers know what our experiences were.
By Shostakovich Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:46 pm
As this seems completely out of professional character, I would cautiously await a reply from the man.

Unknown factors may be at play here.

Fair enough it's not professionally courteous to keep you "hanging" but personal circumstances may be preventing him from corresponding.

You can take comfort in the knowledge that you are not alone in waiting for your EEPROMs.
By b.read Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:47 pm
That ain't good....

Again, hope Rohan is alright. :( I'm still confident he'll straighten things out for those that still need their chips or want a refund.

yoonchul wrote:Hi, I usually just lurk on these forums but I felt I had to speak up.

You ain't kiddin'! Though I think "lurking" may be an understatement... :lol:
By b.read Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:16 pm
Depending on which config you order, anywhere from $225-$325 shipped. Not exactly cheap, but well worth it. 8)