Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By b.read Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:46 pm
Dunno....clicked the "why am I seeing this?" link near the bottom and sent an email...doubt they will provide any real info as to why the site is down, but it's worth a shot.
By b.read Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:42 pm
Well, what you said is true...one of the two had to have happened. You didn't say anything wrong IMO.
By runningoutofspace Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:21 am
(Repost from other MPC 3000 OS forum topic) "Further, as of this date the "www.mansell-labs.com" web address will take you to a general site with search links. The page information (that shows up on the MS Window header) says its a "Cash advance|Debt Consolidation|Cellphone|(etc).." site. That gives us the obvious indication of where this situation may have gone but who knows. I wouldn't bother with clicking the "Why am I seeing this?" link, it'll probably lead you to the host or a spammer's email. For now, its uncertain if Rohan or Vailixi 3.50 will ever return. I recommend that the forum moderators disable the Mansell-labs URL links in postings throughout the site."

From a 3.11 user standpoint, the MPC 60s and MPC 3000s without Vailixi may never get it and we have to look elsewhere or inside. If currently there is no alternative product out there and Mansell Labs went out of business then keep moving forward until something comes.

I know I'm preaching to the choir right now but if you are on on 3.11 and wanted Vailixi 3.50, forget about that. No Mansell Labs also means no products and no support. If you are on 3.5, you've got some good new features beyond 3.11 but it's "+/-" on both sides of the situations and with no alternative - there's an invisible ceiling.

For those not on 3.11, I guess we need to share (if possible).

BTW, some people are seeing the site like it's still up and running and others (like me) are seeing a pink and green themed generic site. Not sure why this is occurring but DON'T be fooled.
By Shostakovich Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:43 pm
All very fair points micb. Bile was too strong a word but there are comments which could be seen as negative (read: unhelpful). I don't know what the situation is but I wish you (those who are awaiting product) all the best.
By jazzroom Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:23 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
olivr wrote:I've edited my post, wrong choice of words. Sorry.

http://www.mansell-labs.com/

domain has expired

Hey the site is back up, shows his fat bald head with 16 pads in the background.

http://www.mansell-labs.com

yes , i saw that yesterday as well - this is already a Very good sign :)

if we all stay calm - we will hear very soon from Rohan himself ?
By runningoutofspace Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:55 pm
SEED78 wrote:The paypal links are still active too - thats real shady...

The purchase page should be taken down at the least.

The site being back up could mean many +/- things but considering that he's not even answering any emails to say anything to those who are getting their money back administratively, doesn't look good.

He could atleast update the announcements on the site stating his status but we've accepted a 2007 announcement as good for way too long.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::I challenge everyone to send him an email and see what happens. I mean everyone that is interested - send him an email until it triggers him to say something. I'd even say just send him a contact email to [email protected] with the words

"Say something to us Rohan" in the subject line

and send the link to this forum topic to trigger him to do it.
I don't have the other email but if you do pass it along and also post it here so we can double-tap his connections to say something.

I'm thinking the site could have been on auto-renewal but the delay makes me think that's not possible unless it was auto paid through Paypal with the coin I and others have sent recently. Damn!
By distortedtekno Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:05 am
I just happened to stumble upon this topic and read the whole 18 pages... thought I'd see some good news but apparently not.
Let's not bicker about favoritism, or even think about piracy. Eventually things will get sorted out. There's many reasons why people can't get to computer and respond. It's obvious that Rohan is clearly overwhelmed with the circumstances going on in his life. Whatever those circumstances may be are really more personal than anything. Unfortunately it's not of any comfort to those waiting on their orders. But it's just reality. Hopefully Rohan will get through whatever is setting him back and be able to take care of business once again. But until then, I'm not going to let things get out of control here. Stay positive.
By AntonPD Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:52 pm
distortedtekno wrote:I just happened to stumble upon this topic and read the whole 18 pages... thought I'd see some good news but apparently not.
Let's not bicker about favoritism, or even think about piracy. Eventually things will get sorted out. There's many reasons why people can't get to computer and respond. It's obvious that Rohan is clearly overwhelmed with the circumstances going on in his life. Whatever those circumstances may be are really more personal than anything. Unfortunately it's not of any comfort to those waiting on their orders. But it's just reality. Hopefully Rohan will get through whatever is setting him back and be able to take care of business once again. But until then, I'm not going to let things get out of control here. Stay positive.

stay realist: his domain name has probably been manually renewed. IMO this is a time to let facts overrule fiction (what we think rohand would normally do (but doesnt) ).