Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Elias Fri May 18, 2012 12:12 pm
Hello,

I wanted to know, if I could hook up a US MPC 3000 here in Europe with a voltage converter. I read somewhere in the internet, that all devices that use the mains frequency (or power line frequency, i don´t know the exact word in english) as the clock frequency standard (record players, eventuel VCR, etc.) are not working properly. Is that true? Is somebody here who has experience with these kind of things? Would be glad if someone could give me the info :)

Greetings
Elias
By micb Fri May 18, 2012 4:13 pm
As long as you are using a voltage converter (230/240v down to 110v) there is no problem at all. I have a US mpc60 running on a voltage converter and it works perfectly. There are hundreads of other people who also do the same.Hope this helps.
By Lampdog Fri May 18, 2012 4:19 pm
Something like this maybe

300 watts max load capacity
Converts 220 volt to 110 volt or 110 to 220 Volt
Power with built-in European/Asian Style Plug
Heavy Duty for Continuous Use
CE Approved

Seven Star 300W Step-up and Step-down Transformer/Converter

http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Star-Step-d ... B003C8RL72

By Elias Fri May 18, 2012 4:59 pm
Hey thanks for your fast replies!
And syncing with the pc or other things are no problem?
Thanks again

Greetings

EDIT: look what i´ve found in my cellar :D
This should work right?

By Elias Mon May 28, 2012 6:46 pm
Hey, thanks for your reply.
Yeah, that was my question. But micb said that he had a US model running with a voltage converter. So I trust him^^ Or do you have any other experience?

Greetings
Merlin
By *Pilchard* Mon May 28, 2012 9:38 pm
You'll be ok
It's only certain appliances that rely on the supply frequency. Mostly those with particular types of motors.
MPCs can cope with 50 or 60 Hertz without problem
By Grisou Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:07 pm
Hello,

I understand that, using a transformer, an american unit can be used in Europe.

Anyway, just for peace of mind: the 50hz/60hz mismatch occuring when using a step-down transformer/converter is maybe influencing, even minimally, the timing of the machine?

Timing is everything in an MPC3000, so want to make sure that also this aspect works 100% when using a transformer.

What do you think?
By acid kalle Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:10 am
using a US version fo more than a decade with a power converter. never noticed anything wrong.
the time is everything "thing" is that magic "thing" of the 3000.
you chop by ear. this is what makes the special swing all are talking about...
if you have the chance to cop a us version for a cheaper price, go ahead and do not worry