Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By a_tonik Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:28 am
Hi dshook,

- I’ve tried a SCSI terminator installed on the end to rule out termination,
- I’ve checked the scsi fuse,
- If I connect externally a SCSI zip drive, I can save and load without problems,
- I’ve checked many time that the adapter board is seated properly, and that no SCSI ribbons are partially dislodged,
- I’ve tried on all different SCSI ID by moving the jumper,
- No pins are bent on the CF cards reader
- I’ve tried 10 CF cards, including SanDisk Ultra II 4Go and 1Go with SCSI multi sector transfer mode - "OFF".
- I’ve tried each cards many times, with all the options possible.

I could chat a little bit with Jazzcat's Akai parts & repairs and discuss my problems, he thinks the Raizinmonster card reader must have a problem as I've tried all the basics and 10 different CF cards is a large enough sample for a test. I’ve wrote Mr Sakai and asked for a return so he can test it and send me a new one if needed. I’ll you know what comes next.

Thanks a lot for your help and hopefully talk soon,
By richie Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:09 pm
@a_tonik have you attempted to put the drive in an external enclosure? - for verification purposes?
By WASKMUSIC Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:36 am
maaaan, waiting soooo long for my raizinmonster... i ordered and payd over 6 weeks ago. cant wait for it. i will put it in an external enclosure so i can use it with my 3000, my 60 and my asr10 keayboard. anything i need to know for external setup? like jumpers, terminators and so on? any advice? hope this thing arrives within the next few days.
By WASKMUSIC Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:37 am
looks like he designed the scsi board from scratch. the original/old one did not have a 50 pin connector onboard. the new one looks like it has internal 50 pin connector, so no need to buy the conversion board seperately. but you have to buy the things from his links, not the one you posted in the first post.

if you buy your first option you need the scsi board, the conversion board and the raizinmonster.

if you buy your second option you need the scsi board from artmix stratos and the raizinmonster.

so please dont mix up your options. decide either to do it the one OR the other way. both should work without problems.

as far as i know you need at least OS 2.12 to use scsi. i would prefer OS 3.10 from roger linn or OS 3.15 Vimana from Rohan.
By JUKE 179r Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:46 pm
The newer SCSI2SD v6.02 card is out... http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=SCSI2SD

- Full-Size SD slot. This makes it much easier to develop faceplates for external access. I am currently prototyping a matching 3.5" bracket with faceplate.
- A floppy-style berg power connector is used instead of the traditional Molex plug. This reduces the width of the device, simplifying 3.5" bracket production. Most systems can self-power the board and don't need a separate power cable anyway.
- Better performance. The hardware supports synchronous transfers at 10MB/s.
- Access to the data via USB. The SCSI2SD drives will appear when connected to a PC via USB. This is limited to around 1.2MB/s (USB FS speeds).
- Superior noise resistance to deal with poor termination and poor cabling.
- Integrated terminator, now enabled via software configuration

Initial BETA firmware limitations:
- No hot-swap support
- Inconsistent performance due to immature firmware. The boards may not perform any better than the V5 boards until the software is improved to make use of the faster hardware.
- Cost and supply limitations. I only have a small number (50) of V6 boards available in the first batch, and priced at $125 AUD.
By Horseclick Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:02 am
i did purchase a mpc 3k internal scsi kit from him and it arrived ok after several weeks, but i believe there is a flaw in there design as it induced noise on headphone out, had to ground it somewhere in the case, i cant remeber the thread i posted in but be warned.
By WASKMUSIC Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:26 am
just for your information:

my raizinmonster arrived after 9 weeks. artmix had some trouble delivering this is why it had taken so long. i put the raizinmonster in an external enclosure and it works. i have tested it with my 60 and 3000.

saving and loading is faster on the 60 than a zipdrive, but not so much as on the 3000. on the 3000 theres a real boost in loading and saving.

external settings:
raizinmonster no jumper on T (terminated)
scsi id 1

on the 60 with vimana without any special settings
on the 3000 with vailixi turn multisector off

WASK