Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Alitzjanes Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:27 pm
Recently purchased an MPC 3000, and I am curious about the floppy emulator as a storage alternative. I saw a thread on here about the floppy emulator and it's capabilities with the MPC 60 and MPC 60II. Does anyone know if there is a gotek floppy emulator that is compatible with the 3000? From what I understand it needs to be a particular model of a gotek emulator that will work the mpc 3000? I also have Vailixi 3.5. so I am curious if that would be compatible with the gotek floppy emulator as well.
By Flavorseal Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:14 am
Having the same issue here, ive got both installed now but it looks like a nightmare to get working. did you ever get this resolved?
By JUKE 179r Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:43 am
Sell the floppy emulator ASAP and use that money for a $75 SCSI2SD v5 card reader and a $48 for Artmix/Stratos Technology internal SCSI conversion kit for your MPC3000.
The SCSI2SD is way more modern, it works with the Vailixi OS3.5, is less hassle trying to configure, it can be powered via the 50-pin SCSI ribbon cable, it can partition flash cards and it's firmware can be updated via a mini USB port.