Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By ssyniu Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:38 pm
Hi
I am trying to figure it out how to access information on note position in the sequence e.g.. kick is in bar 1 beat 2 tick 48 something like that, just to know if the note is where I want ,especially when programming with quantise off to se how off i am and also when quantized when i am programming with 16th note triplet on.

Thank You
By *Pilchard* Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:10 pm
Press the STEP EDIT button to access the STEP EDIT screen and use the LOCATE buttons > and < to cycle through the sequence to locate your sequencer events.
Take note: You can use the TIMING CORRECT to help you.

Turn TC off, to move at one clock at a time.
Or set the TC to an appropriate value to move through the sequence by that value each time.

eg. If you made your sequence using 1/16 TC. Then choose 1/16 to find all the event locations you made.
If you programmed with TC off, use TC off to find the events.

(If all your events are spaced 1/16 or 1/8 etc., there is no advantage to search in STEP EDIT one clock at a time)

Hope this helps

:mrgreen:
By *Pilchard* Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:30 am
I know the function you mean (the 2000XL has it and I use it a lot) but I never worked out how to do it on the mpc3000.
So the answer is "I don't know" but It's about time I looked into it , unless anyone else can shed light?

By *Pilchard* Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:27 am
Mikolo ! :-D :worthy: :worthy:

Thanks for drawing my attention back to that.
I turned on the mpc 3000 and finally worked out how to do it.
It is exactly the same as on the mpc60.
I think I never persevered before because I just assumed that it must not have had that function and i was wasting my time. :lol:

In all the years I have been using both mpc 60 and 3000, I have not been able to operate step edit in that way.

For anyone interested...

In STEP EDIT, press [soft key 4] OPTION.
Move the cursor down to the bottom field and change NEXT STEP to NEXT EVENT
Press STEP EDIT again to return to the step edit page.

[[On the mpc2000XL it is handled differently.
You just hold down the GO TO button and use the < and > buttons to search]]

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :smoker:
By krishi Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:17 am
Pilchard ! :-D :worthy: :worthy:

thanks for figuring this one out. in all these years i always stepped trought all these unquantized events... wasted so much time! :oops:
this really made my day!
By smellypants Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:15 am
A little tip for you guys if your unawares.

I always keep step edit set to NEXT EVENT, if however I want to scroll through one step at a time press the LOCATE button. In the Locate screen the < & > buttons function the same as step edit in NEXT STEP mode. I think it's the same in the main menu as well actually.

So you can pretty much get the best of both worlds.
By *Pilchard* Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:45 am
krishi wrote:
this really made my day!

Mine too !

Thanks SP
lotsa useful info coming.

Good thread !

By huh? Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:13 am
*Pilchard* wrote:
krishi wrote:
this really made my day!

Mine too !

Mine three!

Being a 3000 user for about 7 years and it’s never too late to learn something new. This is awesome for both internal and external MIDI work. Thank you!
By SimonInAustralia Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:19 pm
krishi wrote:
Pilchard ! :-D :worthy: :worthy:

thanks for figuring this one out. in all these years i always stepped trought all these unquantized events... wasted so much time! :oops:
this really made my day!

:lol: Could have figured it out a lot earlier if you bothered to RTFM. :hmmm: :Sigh:

Another useful section in Step Edit Options is the Step Edit Filter section, so you can choose which events to view and step through.