Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Elias Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:38 pm
Hey folks,

I'm searching some generic white/cream buttons for my beloved MPC 3000. MPC Parts and VST Service only have the dark grey ones or other colours but not the normal buttons. Also emailed Jazzycat, but he also doesn't have them.
So does anybody know where I can get them? Or maybe someone here has some of them and would sell them to me?
By dshook Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:33 am
Hey man - those are going to be pretty hard to find I think, and pretty expensive if you do manage find them. Try just putting the broken button(s) back together (and reinforcing the weak spots) with super glue, and then swap them out with another white button that you hardly ever push (simul seq? auto punch?) etc
By Scheme Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:25 am
Are they broken or is it you just wanting them replaced due to discoloration?
By Elias Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:04 pm
Hey thanks for your answers!
Yeah, I allready swapped them out with buttons I don't use often.
@Scheme, they are broken...
I allready asked jazzcat and kanamit but no one has them. Which is weird because there are more white buttons on the normal mpc than grey or blue ones. And I can get the grey or blue ones from either vst service or mpc stuff....
By Scheme Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:21 pm
Gotcha, hmmm I think those are going to be pretty hard to locate and expensive if you do. I may have to look into creating some molds of buttons if it's something there is a big enough market for.
I do hop eyou find them man.

Elias wrote:Hey thanks for your answers!
Yeah, I allready swapped them out with buttons I don't use often.
@Scheme, they are broken...
I allready asked jazzcat and kanamit but no one has them. Which is weird because there are more white buttons on the normal mpc than grey or blue ones. And I can get the grey or blue ones from either vst service or mpc stuff....
By amenphetamine Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:32 pm
BoyOfVirtue wrote:Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but aren't these exactly what you're looking for?

http://www.mpcstuff.com/mpc-3000-mpc-60 ... ons-white/

Yes, they are. But they are currently out of stock..
By Elias Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:04 pm
Hey, thanks for your answers!
yeah, someone with ta 3D printer would make a lot of people happy :D Maybe we should all invest some money and buy a 3D printer for this forum!

@BoyOfVirtue and ZWUKOLOW
No, I'm searching the normal commands buttons.

Spoiler: show

But thanks anyway!
By Flub Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:20 am
I already tried to print them with a reprap printer but it seems they are to tiny to be printed with the regular filament printers.

A mold would be much easier. I ll try that sometime.

regards,
Flub
By Flub Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:43 pm
I build a form to silicon form to cast a row of three buttons in polyurethan.
If there is much interest I can think about making an even better form for casting
By bjarnir Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:02 am
hey Flub did you already make some buttons with you form? woul like to see some pics if you made some :popcorn: