Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Ant Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Man oh man oh man I am in love.

I have only owned for a week but I am in love with the 3000.
Previously I programmed all my drums in a software sampler.

What no wonder my beats never had any groove, it had nothing to do with my programming skills, thank you GOD for the MPC 3000. I am going to by another one just in case something ever happened to this one.

What a machine and now wonder it is considered as the groove king.
By JAYCEE3K Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:35 am
Congrats on the purchase breh.

Yea coming from software based sequencing to something like the 3k almost make u feel bad for not doing it way way sooner.
By Ant Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:23 am
Seriously I just could not believe the difference.
Software is just rigid, I cant explain it.

A perfect example was just today when I programmed a kick roll, I programmed it in software first followed by the MPC listened to the results and I was like yep that confirms it for me.

I thought at first I was being a little biased with the MPC as it was new, any way let the new feeling go away for a while and did another little comparison now!

Yup I can see why this thing has a rep for groove.
:-D

Moma look my machine beats do have groove :)
By readybrak Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:45 pm
DUDE.. I know exactly what you mean.. the swing, the sound.. everything - it just feels illegal! all those artists that I used to worship, Green Velvet, Pepe Bradock etc. (all mpc 3000 users to my knowledge) - it really puts a lot about their music in context - not downplaying their talents, just that 'THAT' sound / swing is now in our possession also.. !! MWUHAHAHAHA! <evil laugh>

have fun!!

sam
By Weile Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:50 pm
Would like to get back on this topic. Do you guys think that the MPC One has this special groove like the 3k???

Has anyone made any test to check why this special groove happens?? It is the quantization??
By Tussle Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:28 pm
Sute does. The new boxes seem to have copied roland in being able to adjust swing and feel on the fly. Most of it comes from the player though. If you program everything at full level the feel will mostly be rigid though the swing may be there. It is a tool. Learn how to use it. Embrace that a hammer a mallad are in essence the same but different.