Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By rokuez Sun May 13, 2018 1:21 pm
Does it matter what kind of card you get for an mpc 3000 card reader? Do some cards not work with the black card reader? Any brands to stay away from? What are the highest quality cards for these readers? These only accept SD cards, correct? What is the max size of the card that one should purchase?
By JUKE 179r Sun May 13, 2018 8:49 pm
I stick with known brands for CF cards up to 1GB. These are my faves...
1) Kingston
2) SanDisk
3) Lexar

Be careful buying cards on eBay from Asia. They end up being counterfeit cards with famous brand names on them.
By rokuez Mon May 14, 2018 7:02 am
richie wrote:@rokuez - when you say "Black" card reader, what is the brand of the one you have?

Stratos Technology's CF Raizin Monster, which I got from http://ghostinmpc.com . I asked him what kind of CF card to purchase after making this post and he suggested "Transcend 1GB CF card... slow speed type" . I ended up purchasing this one titled " Transcend TS1GCF80 1GB 80x Type I Compact Flash Card "
By Xandre Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:26 am
Yes, it matters very much so, I believe.

The SD card that came with my external SD card reader from MPC Stuff mpcstuff.com didn't work. This is SD cards.

I believe that, for SD and CF cards, you have to get a slower speed type card, as mentioned, but it might depend on which drive you have also. Of course avoid what look like counterfeit cards and stick to quality brands like SanDisk, Kingston, and smaller size cards, 32 GB and lower. Right? The speed type seems to be extremely important, too. I guess it's just trial and error which can take months to sort out, unfortunately.

Does anybody know a good SD card, specific brand and type, to use with the external SD card reader from MPC Stuff?