Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By fragment-untitled Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:04 pm
I just got a 3k for real cheap off craigslist. It’s in rough cosmetic condition with some rust inside the machine. It turns on, the wiring is all connected and appears to be in a workable condition. I did not get any floppy disk with the 3k and I’m pretty sure the disk tray wouldn’t work properly because it’s rusted a little bit on the inside. I don’t quite understand the specifics of the machine just yet so I have a few questions:

-the machine turns on, as do all the lights, but no text appears on screen. Is this because I have no data/samples to load up ?

-can someone recommend me some sort of scsi adapter that will work with the mpc ? I am down for using floppy disk or sd card-which ever is most cost effective.

- how can I tell how updated the machine is ?
By Lampdog Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:43 pm
You have nothing, NOTHING on screen?

How much was this mpc and how much is another screen gonna cost you?
By eno deggur Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:38 am
Question 1- To me it sounds like a fuse issue. That happen to my 300 before. You may have to get 4A 125V fuse for it.

Question 2- Better off using SD Card and mpcstuff.com has it or hit up kanamit mpc on IG to get kit. It worked out for me.

Question 3- When turned on it will display what version it is. Most 3000 will have Version 3.11[/i]
By JUKE 179r Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:41 pm
I’ll give you $375 for it. :smoker:

fragment-untitled wrote:-the machine turns on, as do all the lights, but no text appears on screen. Is this because I have no data/samples to load up ?

On the left top corner black display button, press it in and turn clockwise to make it brighter. If that doesn’t work, disconnect the power, open it up, and make sure all the white electrical wire connections to the circuit boards are securely fastened.
It’s common for the aging pink screen foil to go bad on the 3000 and goes dark (top right of picture). Get a crystal clear blue LED screen from Kanamit_MPC (bottom of picture) for cheap at about $150. It’s well worth the price and you’ll thank me later.

fragment-untitled wrote: -can someone recommend me some sort of scsi adapter that will work with the mpc ? I am down for using floppy disk or sd card-which ever is most cost effective.

Get a SCSI2SD card reader and an internal SCSI kit from Stratos Technology. You’ll thank us later.

fragment-untitled wrote:- how can I tell how updated the machine is ?

On initial start up of the MPC3000, it’ll show the OS version. Since your screen doesn’t work, open up your 3000 and look at the OS chips on the main circuit board. They usually have the OS version # taped to it.

If all of this doesn’t work, I’ll buy it for $275 from you. :lol: