Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Triple_A Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:52 am
Hi all!
Dang. I can’t find or remember the way to set the SCSI ID on my Spyrus RD300 external drive. It’s from the old SCSI 4 Samplers. I had 2 of these (now only one) and have been using a SCSI2SD for ages and have forgotten how to set the ID jumpers properly. I’ve searched to no avail...... Anyone got/know the story on one of these?
Thanks!
By JUKE 179r Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:13 pm
Can it be set to SCSI ID 1 by pushing the up and down arrows on the back of the unit?

or

Found this on another website about the Spyrus and the Roland S-760...
This is actually TWO card readers in one for the S760. You have to open it (be careful of the face plate, they are notoriously flimsy) and configure the jumpers to enable dual ID mode. Note that dual ID mode on that specific RD-300 does not use LUN. It causes the two slots to operate literally as two separate readers. The older RD-300 has two slots but top one requires the use of LUN, so you can only use the bottom slot. On my RD-300 I have a 1GB CF in the bottom slot (formatted to 600MB) which I use as a boot drive and my "hard drive". Then in the top slot I can use one of several 32MB CF's I have, each with a project of some sort on it. 32MB CF's are great for the S760 - same size as the internal memory so you can easily keep track of the size and memory requirements of each of your Volumes / Performances, optimize them for fast loading, and not have to waste space on larger CF's.

or
Read here with the MCDISK Q&A answer section...https://www.mpl.ch/t1100.html
By Triple_A Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:22 am
Thanks For that Juke.
After many hours of searching and playing around I managed to get it working as 2 separate drives by disconnecting the cable that goes to the id selector at the back, and jumpering it with a spare 2 pin jumper. The way the jumpers are for the external case are = when I need II. I’ve never had any luck with the ID selector switches at the back of external cases even though they seem to be wired correctly. What about you, or anyone else?
Once again thanks, and hopefully this info may help someone else down the track.